1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
...surfing the net and came across a few sites that expounded on the ugliest motorcycles of all times.

What say you MOrons? Here's a buncha links...

Top 10 Ugliest Motorcycles Of All Time

Faster and Faster: The Weird Five: Strangest motorcycles ever!

Quite frankly, it's not a pretty sight | Honda | First Ride | Motorbikes | Motoring | Telegraph

And what was a Honda Varadero? Jeez, that is ugly...
I'll vote for the Honda Rune. easily kicks the ass of any ugly bike the world has seen! :cool:

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I gotta go with the KTM. It looks like something out of that movie, Beetleguese.

Although how on Earth did the BMW 1200C fail to make the top ten? Inconvievable!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Finally, something entertaining/interesting on the new (improved?) site. Yep they're ugly. Time to get out the sawzall, a welder and the rattlecan.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Here I misread it - thought it said "Ugliest Motorcyclist" at first - figured you all were talkin' about me again..........

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Man, that Varadaro is butt-ugly!

Looks like a bigger version of some of the Chinese objets d'art i've seen lately.

Maybe the folks that designed the Aztek hae found work...

·
Registered
530 Posts
Possibly the "most off" list I've seen in years -- the listers obviously have a look they like. Many of those bikes are classics and chosen BECAUSE of their style. I've seen MUCH worse, except for the Honda Rune and Truimph Rocket III.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's what I thought too, gimme a break, the new Buell, and the venerable and very collective CB400F Honda?

He did get the 3 cylinder Triumphs right though, with his references to tractor parts, and a prop out of the puppet show "Thunderbirds"..anyone remember "Supercar"?

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
That's what I thought too, gimme a break, the new Buell, and the venerable and very collective CB400F Honda?

He did get the 3 cylinder Triumphs right though, with his references to tractor parts, and a prop out of the puppet show "Thunderbirds"..anyone remember "Supercar"?
That BSA Rocket 3 is more collectable than any in that bunch. Not many of those around and I bet it fetches about 15G in good condition.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
He not only missed the BMW1200C he also missed the Norton Hi-Rider. The Madura! The Ducati Indiana! The Sears Allstate Puch!

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
..and the Suzuki Trail 120, the Bridgestone 350 GTR, any Honda Dreamcycle, and the fast but butt ugly Suzuki X6S Hustler.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
He not only missed the BMW1200C he also missed the Norton Hi-Rider. The Madura! The Ducati Indiana! The Sears Allstate Puch!
The Norton Hi-Rider. To commit such a travesty on such a beautiful machine as a Norton, was unthinkable. The guy what designed that abortion should have been shot by a firing squad. :p Th other ugly machines were ugly from the stat, but they took what was a classic beauty and made her a crack *****.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I hear that......

The Norton Hi-Rider. To commit such a travesty on such a beautiful machine as a Norton, was unthinkable. The guy what designed that abortion should have been shot by a firing squad. :p Th other ugly machines were ugly from the stat, but they took what was a classic beauty and made her a crack *****.
...the guy who 'styled' the Hi-Rider went on to develop the 'New Coke'.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
There is an article in last month's "The Classic Motorcycle" about a BRAND NEW BSA Rocket 3. It sat in the crate in a dealer's back room for decades, and has now been placed in a museum, complete with shipping crate, manuals, tools, etc. That's a nice magazine, BTW, if you like the vintage stuff. Lots of Brit bikes, some Japanese, almost no HDs...

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
What??

This is the most pointless and baseless top-10 list I have ever seen! Obviously, this is a subjective topic. I don't think you can ever call the Buell ugly. Where is the Madura? Just bunk!

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's what I thought too, until I rememberd the looks on my riding buddy's faces when I pulled up on my new XB9SX. They were speechless, and compaired it to some cross between a floor jack and an electric percolator.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I was looking for the Madura too btw...but we'll have to settle with the first rocket 3...

·
Registered
54 Posts
That Honda Vadero is no worse looking than the Suzuki V-Stroms.

My top ten Ugliest Bikes:
10. Suzuki GS1150ES (Cyclops)- take a bike with a dragracing stance and put a windjammer on it. This isn't that bad (but close).
9. Kawasaki 454 LTD - take the stretched out chopper look and squeeze it into a short wheelbase. It makes for a bike that looks taller than it is long.
8. Suzuki Madura - take the V65 Magna, and melt it. Give it spoked wheels, a monoshock, and mufflers that look like the flash's winglets done in chrome. huooooo...., (shivers)
7. Suzuki RE5 - rotary engines should be underneath hoods, not under gas tanks. No Truimph triple ever looked THIS industrial.
6. BMW RBMW1200C - Germans understand cruisers like Americans understand leiderhosen.
5. Rokon Trailbreaker 2wd motorcycle: great if you like Tonka; if you like sleek... not so much. Rokon Pictures. Trail-Breaker, Ranger, Nethercutt, Scout motorcycles.
4. Munch Mammot - Words do not do it justice:
AHRMA Races at Barber Motorsports Park Oct 2004 Photo Gallery by Corey Levenson at pbase.com
3. Boss Hoss - great idea, horribly disproportioned.
2. Amazonas (with the fairing)- forgiving the 1600cc VW motor that only makes 65hp, it's just ugly. A Boss Hoss without the big buck finish, and any attempt at style.
1. Ducati Multistrada - the only UGLY Ducati ever made, it is the polar opposite of the 916. I think the fairing was made by Oreck vacuums. Or maybe it was a a snowmobile? Amazing the Hypermotard lurks underneath. Multistrada might mean something cool in Italian, but it even sounds ugly.

I know it's a great bike to ride. But I want to look at it too.

If you have one, sorry. Just my opinion.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.