Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
67 Posts
Original Article:

http://www.motorcycle.com//news/um-rides-to-success-in-2007-61455.html

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article UM Rides to Success in 2007 in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Well, good on UM!

I don't believe I've seen UM.

'Course, there's probably no Dealer that sells UM 'round heeyar.

UM, that's all I have to say about that.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
UM,....... AH...... Huh-What?

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
That's very nice, but it doesn't inspire confidence when the company's main website DOESN'T RESPOND.

Furthermore, since the article is a PR release devoid of anything but bloviation I have to assume that these are just more of those worthless Chinese junk bikes like Lifan.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well, there are different manufacturers that build UM motorcycles.

The 450 quad, the 250 scooter, the 650 and 250cc road bikes are Korean. Hyosung.

Yes, a lot of thier bikes are Chinese. One thing that distinguishes them from "Chinese crap" is they are able to change the design, building materials and quality of the bikes they import and badge.

They are worth a look if you want to go with an "Other Makes" bike.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Thanks.

Well, there are different manufacturers that build UM motorcycles.

The 450 quad, the 250 scooter, the 650 and 250cc road bikes are Korean. Hyosung.

Yes, a lot of thier bikes are Chinese. One thing that distinguishes them from "Chinese crap" is they are able to change the design, building materials and quality of the bikes they import and badge.

They are worth a look if you want to go with an "Other Makes" bike.
Is this the new name for Hyosung? There was mention that they were going to change the name. The article made no reference to where they sourced their products.

I'm willing to give the Chinese a chance, just the ones I've seen so far are inferior indeed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.