Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi do anyone of y'all know anything about a company called united motor(um). I'm looking at buying one of their V2S 250 but i have no clue how reliable the bike is. Please comment if you have any comment of personal experiences.
Thx!
picture below

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
That's a rebadged Hyosung GT-250R (I think that's the correct model number). UM's bikes are rebadged Hyosungs and a couple of other smaller Asian manufacturers.

The bike should be decent as it's a fairly-well proven design, but don't expect quite the same level of refinement and reliability as the major brands.

I don't know anything about UM's dealer network or support but I'd be a bit cautious in those areas until proven otherwise.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Why would anybody change a fine name like "Hyosung" to "UM: for the US market? Then again, I'm still trying to figure out the Killed In Action cars.
I wondered the same thing when they launched. I even think I posted it here. I mean, who's in their marketing department? A bunch of guys who got stoned every day of high school and sat in the back of the class? I can just imagine what that meeting was like.

CMO: "Okay, like, we're gonna start a motorcycle company."

VP of Marketing: "B*tchin', dude!"

CMO: "I know, right?? TOTALLY b*tchin'."

National Marketing Mgr.: "Dude, it's better than b*tchin'. It totally rawks!!"

CMO: "Yeah, dude, you're totally right. You just got yourself a raise."

NMM: "Awesome, dude! Mucho gracias!"

VP of M: "Yeah, well you earned it, bro."

NNM: "Yeah, totally. That was a tough one."

CMO: "Okay, okay, but what are we gonna call it?"

VP of M: "Call what?"

CMO: "The thing I just said we're gonna start, dude!'

NMM: "Whoa, bro, I'm so stoned. Look at the ceiling fan! It's freakin' evil!"

VP of M: "Whoa, it's worse than evil. It's totally satanic!"

CMO: "Yeah, dude, totally...now was that thing we were talking about?

NMM: "Um..."

(P.S. Hyosung is selling their bikes under their own name here, too. UM is just rebranding them and selling them through their own network.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.