Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for finally posting this article. I hope Laguna Seca gets it. I think if more kids were exposed to road racing at young age more kids would ride motorcycles when they are older. Being greedy I would like to see a race at the Formula One track at Indy as well.

Safety should come first whatever the choice. Some of the U.S. tracks are pathetic.

·
Registered
771 Posts
This is very good news to hear. If it is on the east coast, I will be there.

They keep mentioning Homestead, Not the best road course, but definatly top notch facilities. My best guess is that because Miami is allready a big tourist destination for Europeans, so they think that they can pull a large group in, with the standard American fans, it should be a good turn out. They never seemed to get a good size crowd at Laguna Seca.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, this is good news, but I would like to nominate Watkins Glen for the track. This is kind of greedy on my part, because it is close to me, but it really is an awesome track. Unfortunately, I dont think they have the facilities to handle that large of a crowd, but it would be great to watch.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm with you there! 'Course that's partly me being greedy.

The only problem I could see is lack of hotellage nearby/distance from chicago/reputation (or lack thereof) of milwaukee as a tourist destination.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'll be glad to see the USGP return regardless of which track. But, having said that, a Grand Prix needs to be on a real road course. Homestead definitely doesn't qualify. The Barber facility sounds nice, but has no tradition and, come on, Birmingham, AL for an international race? Laguna Seca is an awesome course and has the sexy Monterey area, but it's too short and tight for the GP missiles. Road America or Road Atlanta are the only two tracks it makes sense to have host the GP.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Laguna would be my favorice if I hadn't seen the new track in Alabama. WOW! I spoke to a guy that rode it and he tells me that it's superb.

Maybe the can run a Pacific GP and an Atlantic GP :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Clearly you've never been to Beaver before. Sure, it's a nice track for us track day nuts. But I don't think the GP boys are looking to run at a track with 2 porta-potties and a chuck wagon for "facilities". Plus the sub-45 second lap times will probably make people a bit dizzy.

Personally, I think they should run Pocono's east course, before they go to Beaver.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The first organized race at Barber will be a WERA event held Easter weekend. I think that after that the word will be out confirming that the Barber is in fact the finest racetrack in the US. I know it's the best I've ever seen. As for facilities, they will have another year plus to add more pit garages. The track is already a spectator heaven and features excellent views of the track from grassy hillsides and the added attraction of the Barber Museum will make it a destination for all bikers. I've already got my spot picked out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
What's wrong with Birmingham? I guess NASCAR should ditch Talledega. I have seen the new Barber facility and it is GGGGGREAT!!! You can see 70% of the track from just about anywhere. Besides, California already has several races each year, we need more in the east.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.