Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Dirty Earplugs

Here's a thought......

1) Review some bikes (Hey they don't necessarily have to be the latest and the greatest!!)

2) Review some gear...

3) Write a couple articles on maintenance (with pics! no less)

4) Write an editorial on a great trip you took...an accident or near catastrophy you had...the anti-helmet legislative tide that seems to be passing through our PLAYSTATION-numbed, obese, obtuse country...

5) Rinse. Repeat.

6)Just a thought.........

·
Registered
10,903 Posts

I say we get some of us SoCal MoFos together and do a stupid road trip somewhere and in between chasing women and drinking beer we'll get some nice photos of some great Southwestern Roads to help the MOrons in colder climates get through the winter.

·
Registered
170 Posts

How about telling us more about what's going on at MO since Burns left? Who is on the staff now and how are you running things? Will it be worth me renewing my subscription when its up in 80 something days? Since Blip left a while back we have never been told much about the organisation and Burns never really explained things. At a hardcopy mag they usually keep you well informed about who is the editor etc. We haven't heard much about MO in a while and when you are 10,000 miles away like I am I can't exactly drop in and see what you are up to.

Tell me more.

Cheers

Merv

·
Registered
80 Posts

I would recommend a complete revamp of motorcycle.com. The site is among the worst (if not the worst) in terms of usability and aesthetics.

I also like maintenance articles or trip/horror stories.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Who is Sean Alexander?

Having read the info and seen pics I'd have to say you're me plus 'bout fitty pounds and a shade paler...

If I had the cash I'd have a Tuono, a VMax, an old XT600, a Knucklehead chop with a springer front and apehangers, ahhh, same chopper but with a KZ1000 motor, a turbo'ed Z-Rex for the strip, and an RZ350 for trackdays.

Of course, I hail from Appalachia, so to truly be, errr, 'Not-So-Mini-Me' you'd have to pick up the "ain't" and "neither", not to mention the "dang" and sayings like "rainin' like a cow p*ssin' on a flat rock".

Tell you what, I'll consider you the cousin that went off and got "city-fied".

If you hear a knock on the door and see a rusty '78 GS400 outside it's me, and I need money for High Life tallboys and some chicken wings...

-=Goggles=-

·
Registered
323 Posts

Sounds like you got my disease. I am pretty mixed up with what I like. Prob is when I look at and even more so ride a new and different bike all I can seem to focus on is what I like about the bike. I just love bikes, I am a little to old for an all out sport bike but I love the power and I also love cruiser for their own type of pleasures. Guess that's why I have owned a V-max for some time and it is prob my favorite bike I have every ridden. Relax I don't think there is anything you can do about this disease. Just enjoy the positives. In the case of the V-Max enjoy the right hand grip.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Come Now Grasshopper and Begin Your Journey

I did the BMWRA's BBB Rally at the Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, AL this past weekend and I have to say that I have made the pilgrimage to Mecca. We were allowed to walk the course and it is absolutely awesome. Now I need to go racing just so I can ride that track!!! How about you do a thorough interview w/Mr. Barber and check out the bikes in his museum and run a few laps around the track on a cruiser, a dual-sport, a Honda Dream 50R, a supermoto, a 600cc Supersport, an Aprilia Tuono or RS250 and whatever else you can conjur up. You can write up a king of the hill story in terms of lap times, confidence inspiring handling, just plain fun, the bike that won't wear/tire you out, the bike you can't live w/o, etc. You can also write about the road trip to and from the place and arrange to ride w/MOron's along the way. You know, get to know some of the folks who subscribe and "press the flesh". After all, 2004 will be an election year and you do want to get re-elected, right? And you could take a circuitous route and write about it like Jack Kerouac instead of making it a Banzai Run or do both. It would also be great to hear about bikes like the diesel KLR 650 or the Hossack Front Suspension or other fringe items related to motorcycles.

Yes folks, Southern California is not the center of the universe, Barber Motorsports Park is.

Kudos to the Airheads who allowed me to pour beer for them. I had a great time as a rally virgin. Now nothing will beat my first time. Cheers!

BTW Sean, I think you are all those things. Why get tied up trying to please a clique? I'll bet you get excited riding any motorcycle. I know I do. You call that type of guy a motorcyclist or a MoTard.

Singles and Twins Forever!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts

Hey, I've got one! Call and borrow one them kawa z750's, i want one of those. And get your feet off Crashley's desk. Did anybody ever write up the Multistrada? Oh what's the use...

·
Registered
21 Posts

I think the original site had more variety. Several sections need to be updated such as breakin the law, off road, Scenic rides (esp in the northeast), maintenance, riding technique and of course the babe section. It seems no one works on the weekends anymore as nothing is uploaded and where the hell is the Highwayman! My subscription runs out in 40 days (as I am constantly reminded) please give me a good reason to resubscribe.

·
Registered
273 Posts

I do NOT want to see:

1. Bike reviews that read like ad copy

2. Tests of motorcycles on the race track only

3. Comparison tests of bikes where one or more competitive machines are missing

4. Product tests that are not thorough

5. Pop-up ads

I do want to see:

1. More reviews of motorcycles, not just quick riding impressions but long term tests of bikes and the problems experienced

2. More media, as an e-zine you have the potential to do so much more than print mags, but rarely do

3. Editorial columns with thoughts about aspects of our sport/hobby/whatever

4. The same variety of bikes tested that you have now

5. A few articles on modifications would be nice

Do these things and I will renew, do not do them and MO will perish.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Hey! I have an idea. REVIEW SOME DAMN BIKES!

I couldn't care less about your angst over your station in life and your wavering self-image as a biker. I care even less about your perception of how others perceive you. A good reporter never speaks in the first person, anyway. REVIEW SOME DAMN BIKES!

Where's the Kawasaki Vulcan 1600? Where's the Honda VTX 1300? Not that you care what I think, but I think all you MO guys secretly hate cruisers. Why am I going to continue to give you money unless you REVIEW SOME DAMN BIKES?!

·
Registered
27 Posts

I'm with redbandit with wanting any articles on riding techniques and how they can be applied to the road & not just for the track.

A short article every coupla weeks would help us out of squidlydom and into more proficient riders.

Julian

·
Registered
27 Posts

Uhhhhh....have you had the chance to read any articles that Sean have written before?

He's always admitted to being a cruiser lover and grabs any that come in for testing- It's good to be King,huh?

I can't speak for anybody else, but I like the fact that I can get reviews of scooters,cruisers and every other damn thing just so when I see one one the road I can say" That , oh yeah, that's a Burgman 500cc. You haven't heard about them? where you been?" to my less educated friends.

Julian

·
Registered
216 Posts

I really hate to point out the obvious, but I find warm soapy water works best. It also won't irritate the ears (for those with sensitive skin). It also doesn't hurt to introduce your ear to Mr. Cue-Tip every once in a while for a little preventative maintenance.

·
Registered
40 Posts

Just ride and review bikes. The problem I have with MO is that you guys seem to be more interested in yourselves than riding. I subscribed to learn more about motorcycles. It's not rocket science.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.