1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
AH HAH! Did I see the United Nations in there somewhere? Another plot to take over our freedom to death and dismemberment. And what about all the brake legislation? They obviously never rode an old Jawa...intersting study though, I'll print it up and line the parakete cage later...

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
And when they implement all their bull$hit and it still doesn't meet their "goals", which I can assure you with 100% accuracy that it won't, then what? Britain is already experiencing the largest increase in deaths in years, and they already have helmets, tiered licensing, and just about every other 'safety' law in place. What is next on the agenda? Speed limiters and possibly banning? Britain is already considering these things. People can already wear a helmet and take classes and buy ABS bikes. Why worry about the ones that don't? It's no skin off anyone's ass if I die, so the DOT should worry about cagers that kill us rather than us. It will be lots more productive.

·
Registered
352 Posts
What the F*** ? Why can't we get competent statistitions?
Why are they doing citing deaths per registered vehicle?

Should be looking at deaths per mile. One conclution I draw that they did not - week days are much more dangerous than weekends. If you notice they say twice as many death occur on the week days compared to week days. I think we can safely assume the miles ridden on weekend days are much higher than double the miles ridden on weekdays. So I say weekdays are much more dangerous, probably the added traffic on the roads most motorcyclists are riding on compared to the more empty roads they ride on on the weekends.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
With Apologies to George O

"You just got on your motorcycle and rode away? That doesn't make sense, Grampa. How did you get past the end of the block without having your CTR transponder activated?"

"Frankie, motorcycles didn't have Clearance To Ride transponders back then. You didn't have to file a Ride Plan, and you didn't have to get anybody's ok to ride where you wanted to. You just rode."

"But, how did you know conditions were going to be safe to ride without DOT checking for you? What if there was ice or water on the road? What if there was heavy traffic or construction?"

"Well, the rider of the bike was supposed to be able to handle those kinds of things. We might have found any of those conditions out there, but we managed."

"Even so, you'd still have to spend at least 45 minutes getting your GBHP, TPA, AJEGs, RASs, NRS, and HMICM on and connected. What, you just wore street clothes and jackets? You didn't strap in?"

"Actually, yes. We didn't have to wear a Gary Busey Head Protection System, or a Torso Protection Armor, or Anti-Joint Extension Guards, Rider Attachment Straps, or even put the Human Motorcycle Interface Capability Monitor needles in. In fact, in some places, you didn't even have to wear a helmet!"

"Oh yeah, riiiight…like any kind of vehicle is going to let you just start it up and drive it away if you've had a beer or smoked anything. What, you want me to believe they let YOU decide if you were ok to drive? As if…"

"Yeah, it's true. Of course, if you made a bad decision, you were in really big trouble, but you got to decide for yourself. In fact, the Police Integrated Ground Surveillance System didn't even exist."

"NO PIGSS?! NO WAY!"

"Yep. And if you were foolish enough to try it, you could keep your motorcycle running even if the cops wanted you to stop. They didn't have the Dump Button until, what, '09, I think it was."

"But that's crazy! People just going where they wanted to, when they wanted to, how they wanted to? Next you're going to tell me people actually had their own motorcycles instead of leasing them from DOT."

"Well, this might be hard to understand, but at one time, people thought that having the freedom to make their own decisions was more important than eliminating any possibility of risk."

"Huh? Grampa, what's a risk?"

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
..jeez, that was pretty damn good writin' Mr. Moore. Scary, but good. Think it's time to crank up the "Rick Johnson Supercross" interactive video game I just got...my thumbs get soooo tired after a few hot laps of chasin' RJ.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Simple, really. Merely ban all Motorcycles for use on Public and Private Properties and Roads.

Quick, Easy, relatively Painless.........(to Joe Taxpayer)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Simple, really. Merely ban all Motorcycles for use on Public and Private Properties and Roads.

Quick, Easy, relatively Painless.........(to Joe Taxpayer)
It'll never happen. Just look at old cars, they don't meet emissions they're relatively unsave and could be banned in the same way.

Only problem is it would never really go through with out the government offering to replace them with a car that could be still be used for transportation - same with motorcycles.

I mean think of all the people that use motorcycles as transportation it would cost a lot to replace those. Not to mention all the dealerships that would have to close down.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
You've not been paying-attention to what Government "Does", have you?

To think it CAN'T happen is Foolish. They're only Death Machines that are potentially being banned - it's not like they're attempting to Eradicate an entire ethnic group or Political Dissidents from the face of the Planet. Like any Government would ever let THAT happen.

Oh, Wait............

·
Registered
352 Posts
You've not been paying-attention to what Government "Does", have you?

To think it CAN'T happen is Foolish. They're only Death Machines that are potentially being banned - it's not like they're attempting to Eradicate an entire ethnic group or Political Dissidents from the face of the Planet. Like any Government would ever let THAT happen.

Oh, Wait............
Eh they haven't even gotten guns or cigs completely banned yet.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Our Transportation Sec is 1- a woman and 2- a motorcyclist. Guess which one always comes first. Women, traditionally, prefer security before anything else. That said, it was only a matter of time before she figured out a way to protect us from ourselves. Conversely, she has ignored the fact the "cagers" are terribly ill-equipped to handle todays ever increasing motorcylist community. Public safety should educate current, but more importantly, beginner or novice drivers that the roads are now filled with motorcyclist like you and me.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
I'd agree.

It'll never happen. Just look at old cars, they don't meet emissions they're relatively unsave and could be banned in the same way.

Only problem is it would never really go through with out the government offering to replace them with a car that could be still be used for transportation - same with motorcycles.

I mean think of all the people that use motorcycles as transportation it would cost a lot to replace those. Not to mention all the dealerships that would have to close down.
But who in 1960 would have believed that you could be arrested in several cities in 2007 for smoking a cigarette in your own back yard.

Safety nazis know no restraint. YThey know what's best for you and are willing to kill you to prove it. Their own consciences approve of their fasicsm and that makes them insatiable and more dangerous than suicide bombers in the long run.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
True. But they will still do their best to make us as miserable as possible. It won't matter if they are banned if there are so many restrictions and regulations that it becomes nigh impossible to own one. They will do it. In that the [email protected] safety oppressors and their sanctimony are as regular as the sun rise.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.