Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
V MAX is still being produced with little change since 1985 right up to 2009. They must have done something right, having a forum or two dedicated just to this one bike model. Only problem is the seat and cornering takes effort to accomplish. For the V boost thrills, I live with it.

The V65 was decades ahead of it's time, a true classic. That's a bike people search all over for to find. 16 valve, 6 speed overdrive, hydraulic clutch, dual front disk and single rear disk, shaft drive, LCD display, V4 that is smooth and pulls from idle to 10,000rpm since it started in 1983. They boast it was the fastest bike in that decade. Can't fuel up anywhere without getting compliments on either bike. The Corbin seat makes all the difference on 400 mile day rides I take in it. Either bike is giving me 40-42 mpg consistently. No one believes it, but I check it every fill up.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
V65, first ,in responce to your private message, no, I'd rather not blow you. This thread still makes no sence, the MyGL500 thread has a point that he is happy with his bike & dont have a payment. Guess what, my bike has your beloved v-max engine, no payment & room for your mother, ex wife, girlfriend & first 2 daughters and gets better gas milage & likely lower insurance.
Everyone loves their bike, we're supposed to. Sorry you were too pu$$ywhipped to have one during your recent past but grow up, you arent gonna show up on a motorcycle forum & tell us things about 10 & 20 year old bikes we don't know. Glad you are excited to be riding again. I'm sure that most everyone over 20 years old knows the V-Max is a fast & respectable bike. This isn't something you just discovered this week I hope. It shuold have no problem outrunning a 600cc twin, that's what it is designed to do. If you out corner a CBR600 supersport, write us about it.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
V65, first ,in responce to your private message, no, I'd rather not blow you. This thread still makes no sence, the MyGL500 thread has a point that he is happy with his bike & dont have a payment. Guess what, my bike has your beloved v-max engine, no payment & room for your mother, ex wife, girlfriend & first 2 daughters and gets better gas milage & likely lower insurance.
Everyone loves their bike, we're supposed to. Sorry you were too pu$$ywhipped to have one during your recent past but grow up, you arent gonna show up on a motorcycle forum & tell us things about 10 & 20 year old bikes we don't know. Glad you are excited to be riding again. I'm sure that most everyone over 20 years old knows the V-Max is a fast & respectable bike. This isn't something you just discovered this week I hope. It shuold have no problem outrunning a 600cc twin, that's what it is designed to do. If you out corner a CBR600 supersport, write us about it.
Is he harassing you too? Forward me is private message please.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
ROFLMAO......Yes the V65 Magna........quite a bike.....I actually had an '84 V65 Sabre which as you no doubt know uses the same engine but actually handles, well...relatively well. That was back when they were new and you were still crapping your kakkies...Congratulations on keeping it running this long though, most of them have either eaten their camshafts, transmissions or charging systems by now. I even like Flock of Seagulls.....

The only reason the Vmax has ran so long in production is tooling was paid for so long ago they only need to sell a dozen bikes a year to make a profit, same as the original Connie and Bandit. With the exception that the Connie and Bandit were useful real world motorcycles instead of ..well whatever the hell the Vmax is good for....

So far you're doing well, soliciting A Star Ride for manly love, insulting a guy that's probably pushed his bikes around the garage more miles than you've actually ridden and generally making a fool of yourself...Keep up the good work young man...

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
ROFLMAO......Yes the V65 Magna........quite a bike.....I actually had an '84 V65 Sabre which as you no doubt know uses the same engine but actually handles, well...relatively well. That was back when they were new and you were still crapping your kakkies...Congratulations on keeping it running this long though, most of them have either eaten their camshafts, transmissions or charging systems by now. I even like Flock of Seagulls.....

The only reason the Vmax has ran so long in production is tooling was paid for so long ago they only need to sell a dozen bikes a year to make a profit, same as the original Connie and Bandit. With the exception that the Connie and Bandit were useful real world motorcycles instead of ..well whatever the hell the Vmax is good for....

So far you're doing well, soliciting A Star Ride for manly love, insulting a guy that's probably pushed his bikes around the garage more miles than you've actually ridden and generally making a fool of yourself...Keep up the good work young man...
This is probably the last forum on Earth that this gentleman hasn't been banned on. Pretty typical... come in and try to take over, p1ss everyone off and get 86ed. But I'm sure impressed. He has three bikes! All 4 cylinder cruisers. What a rich wealth of experience.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
This is probably the last forum on Earth that this gentleman hasn't been banned on. Pretty typical... come in and try to take over, p1ss everyone off and get 86ed. But I'm sure impressed. He has three bikes! All 4 cylinder cruisers. What a rich wealth of experience.
And one tag for the three of them...

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Did anyone else pick up on that?
To be truthful, I didn't really give the bikes more than a glance - cruisers just ain't my "style".

BUT, now that you mention it.....

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.