Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in replacing my stock exhaust with a slightly louder one for the V-Star 1300 Tourer. It has a nice low rumble, but I would like a little more noise. Has anyone modified, or replaced the exhaust on this model? Keep in mind it is fuel injected. Ideas ???

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Just take an iron rebar and a sledge hammer and whack it through the baffles, that open that lil' puppy up...trust me it'll sound and run great...probably add about 20 horsepower at least, all for free!!

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Maybe he wants to equal the same noise level that you get on that freaking knucklehead. Can you even hear the exhausts over the piston slap, valve clatter and knocking rods?
If he wants the same noise level of the Knuck, he needs to find a 140 db air horn and have it blowing the whole time he is riding. :-D

·
Registered
1 Posts
V Star 1300 exhausts modification

I've read articles on drilling out the exhaust with a 1 1/4" drill. You need a 12" extension. Others have just drilled out a series of holes instead of 1 larger hole. Supossedly it makes it louder but not as loud as straight pipes.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I have a Tour Deluxe but its an 05 not EFI and willing to trade for stock pipes if they're compatible & I don't have to do the work. I don't know what kind of pipes are on mine but they are turnouts (not tips like the stockers) and quite loud for my taste. I'm in Central VA where are you located? IM me if your interested.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
I got an Extension once.

ONCE!

"It's an .88-Magnum..... it shoots through Schools....."

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Since nobody else will do it:

If you get a louder exhaust, you're going to need to change the EFI. That's usually done via reprogramming or adding a device such as a Power Commander from DynoJet.

There's probably a dozen choices in aftermarket exhaust from Cobra, White Bros, Vance and Hines, and others. As suggested, you can drill or even bang the baffles out of your existing mufflers, but if I were you, I'd save the stock exhaust for when you sell the bike one day.

Plan on spending about $800 or more for the complete setup with EFI update and pipes.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Oh cripes another cryptothread resurrected.

The VTX is too mildly cammed for any mods to make much difference anyhow. Waste your money if you want. At least it keeps those exhaust system geniuses in greasy garages in Tarzana in the chips.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Ignore that Saruzawa behind the curtain, louder is faster, how can you go wrong? Take your tax refund and buy the loudest pipe you can find, that way you'll save the most lives.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.