Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Penis-size-related analysis in 3...2...1...

·
Registered
150 Posts
If someone is going to buy it I think Honda and others will figure out a way to build it.

There has got to be some lesson they can learn from giant ship diesels or something that will let them build it.

I'm not sure vibration is really a problem... who cares about vibration if the bike is just going to be parked in front of a bar.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bolt the steering head to the front cylinder head, make the rear cylinder a sissy bar, and upholster the crankcase for a seat.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Take a couple cylinders off an R-4360 Pratt & Whitney and stick 'em on an HD style non-unit lower end.

Works out to about 300 cubic inches. Car alarms will have to be re-designed.

I could dig it....

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Sounds like this trend is nearing its conclusion.

Maybe the next big trend will be bikes that handle, have useful features, well thought out accessories, are somewhat user serviceable, etc.

Then again maybe not...

·
Registered
209 Posts
That is the first thing that I thought of when I saw the lead in to the article:

Just stick a couple of Wasp Major juggs on there and you'll be golden...

Jesus.

Add in the meth / water injection while you're at it. You know, if you're feeling feisty after the trip to the bar.

cdg

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
..too many bikers around here have meth injection as it is. Seems to make them go faster for a while...

Yeah, that's what the old Vincent motor looked like to me, aircraft engine jugs.

Would be sweet.

·
Registered
361 Posts
A giant ship diesel -- or any diesel for that matter -- relies on the heat of compression to ignite the fuel mixture, so for all intents and purposes, ignition occurs everywhere in the combustion chamber at the same time. With spark ignition, ignition occurs at the sparkplug and then has to travel from there throughout the rest of the combustion chamber. With that single (or double, with twin plugs) point of ignition, the bigger the combustion chamber, the harder it is to burn the whole mixture.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Read an article of an Australian that shaved two cylinders of a WWII Rolls Royce aircraft engine.

Ended up displacing 5 liters with 4 valve per cylinder, dohc watercooled vTwin

I am sure it had decent throttle response

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.