Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, that doesn't make sense. It must have been because the thumb-shifter failed when he was testing recently and he crashed as a result. Evidently it was quite a big off and he bruised his back quite badly.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I heard that since it's got complicated hydraulics(?), they were worried about reliability. I read they wont be using it at all in races this year. That seems dumb to me. They've got 3 riders. If one ends up going sheet after 4 or 5 race meetings then they should poke him on the bike with the auto change and get the bugs out in a race setting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
How about an article detailing what technical changes various teams are making for the 2001 season? I'd like to know more about Ducati's new gear change system, the new testaretta engine, etc. What is Honda doing to the RC-51? Aprillia has a new motor...what is new about it?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Re: Troy says...

In the latest issue of Superbike (UK mag) Bayliss stated that he didn't care for the new shifter. He said something about it being the lazy man's shifter and likened it to playing Nintendo. If only we all had it so rough, eh ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.