Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And the AMA has shot itself in the foot with all their shuffling of the classes, rule changing, and manufacturers declining to participate. There's basically only one reason to watch----the hope that either Bostrom will wax all over Mladin, just for the satisfaction of seeing it. Other than that there's really no competition of any consequence going on. The superstock class would have been interesting but it appears that DiSalvo will mop the floor with the new R1. They should just throw him in superbike anyway. Rumor has it that Ben crashed a 1000RR trying to keep up with him.

·
Registered
771 Posts
1 second

Un freekin bee lee vaa ble. 1 second in the top 10 spots on race tires (I hope no one was running Q's). The amazing thing is that capirossi and Rossi are leading. Man I hope this is an indication of the next season.

·
Registered
312 Posts
valentino rossi is a motorcycle god. pure and simple. everyone, and i mean everyone was predicting he would really struggle. the yamaha was far inferior and nowhere near ready to compete for the podium, they said. it sure looks like all those theys were wrong. randy mamola for one is going to have to start eating his commentary.

this is so good for the sport.

why doesn't motorcycle racing dominate the racing world? why is nascar such a big thing?

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Is Rossi going to comfirm its the rider, and not the bike AGAIN? I think he will, along with showing he's a true sportsman and champion, unlike certain so-called AMA diaper soilers. He's the real deal. Nicky is next up. He's got all the tools, but just needs a little experience.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I don't understand either. I would almost rather watch the religious channel than watch ******* roundy-round. By the way, did Speed drop 2-Wheel Tuesday? I couldn't find it last night.

·
Registered
54 Posts
At the risk of being premature, maybe it's reasonable to compare Rossi's move to Yamaha to Schumacher's move to Ferrari. Schuey proved that he could win in anything, and in the process enabled a great improvement in Ferrari (remember, they weren't that good when he signed with them). Maybe Rossi can repeat that feat.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Tires

From other sources I gather that no one was on qualifying tires for these times. But Capirossi being first is what really amazes me. Ducati looks very good this year, in fact, amazing, considering how tiny they are compared to Honda. As for Rossi, well, I guess that's why they call him "the Doctor."

Francis

·
Registered
13 Posts
Qualifiers or not, you have to go the race distance. Rossi has the craft to do so and adapt to his bike as it changes throughout the race and still put in fast laps. None of the others with the possible exception of Edwards has those skills developed as well. I would imagine Yamaha engineers have their hearing aids turned all the way up so they don't miss a syllable of what he has to say too.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Re: Tires

That's why the monicker fits, at least...

Supposedly, he goes by "the doctor" because he once heard an airport page for a "Doctor Rossi" and he liked it, so he took it. I think he lately has tried to change it, but it is so fitting, none of us, or the media, want to let it go.

-- crg

·
Registered
64 Posts
I went to the first ever MotoGP at Suzuka in 2002.

It was cold and rainy, I got ripped off and had horrible seats (in the esses without a jumbotron to watch), and didn't understand a word of Japanese.

130,000 people dealing with crappy weather just to see history happen, it was great! If only we could get that kind of interest here in the US.

I am planning on getting to the LeMans round this year. I will get better tickets and a pit walk for sure!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Before you come to conclusions, you should step back for a moment and realize that this is only testing and the times represent only the fastest lap. Sure, the riders and teams use testing to play mind games on each other whenever the opportunity arises, but the prime goal is to complete a comprehensive testing regimen which evaluates as many variables as time allows. Smart riders keep their powder dry and don't show their hand too early.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Which race?

The question: If you could attend one MotoGp race which one would it be?

Take into consideration track, city, history, etc.

I'd really like to go to a race and am looking for advice from fellow MoFos.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Re: Which race?

If I could pick any I'd have to say Mugello. Just to see the Ducatis run on their home turf... and a trip to the Ducati factory afterwards. (Yes, I root for Bayliss.)

However, next year I'm going to the Malaysian Grand Prix. I'll be living in New Delhi and have a friend in Kuala Lampur. A $150 flight and a free place to stay, how can I pass that up? I've never been to a Moto GP before and can't wait.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Sounds to me like you girls are gettin' all worked up over nothing. These numbers don't mean squat without Honda being there on the same day.

What were the track conditions on day two? Is there more rubber on the track on day two? There are many variables unaccounted for here.

We're all stoked about the season, but come on. Getting worked up about testing is like judging an NFL season by the Preseason.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.