Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, does anyone know of an adapter that I can get to make it easier to inflate motorcycle tyres when at a petrol garage? It is very difficult to get to the valves with these pumps as they are designed primarily for car use, so some sort of right-angled adapter would be fantastic. Not sure what I am looking for or where really to get one!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Hey, does anyone know of an adapter that I can get to make it easier to inflate motorcycle tyres when at a petrol garage? It is very difficult to get to the valves with these pumps as they are designed primarily for car use, so some sort of right-angled adapter would be fantastic. Not sure what I am looking for or where really to get one!
Sorry. My bikes don't have tyres. They don't sell them in the States. No petrol either. We only got good old Amurican gas stations and we ride around on tires.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
That's right Bah was use TARS in the US of A ! ain't no dam* Y in TARS is there ????

As Ken said, there should be right angle valve stems available in Tyre shops or Petrol stations, you'll just have to take your wheels in and have them installed.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
I've found that solid rubber tyres pirated from a 1915 Hispano Suiza work best. No more worring about tyre pressure.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Silly me I always use a bicycle pump. It was made for Schrader valves on bicycle tires. I know exactly what pressure I getting etc.... yada yada yada. Frequent checks mean it takes little to keep the pressure correct.

Word at the stealership is the rain cleared the last of the sand off the roads in the ADK's. Better get goin' to make the loop before all the Winabago's start moving. See ya:)

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
So you cant just get an adapter you can pop onto the valve and then attach a pump to it when you need to inflate the tIres (there, I spelt it the American way =p)
I thought you wanted to make it easy. Schlepping around an adaptor, rigging the adaptor at each check, moving it from tire to tire? Get the right angle valve installed and you're all set.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
What was so "Quick" about this question again? :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lol fair enough, im just thinking everytime I need to change the tires I have to replace the valves too. I do have a manual pump just it isn't very accurate. Sorry... I suppose it didn't end up very quick! =(

·
Registered
956 Posts
I wouldn't inflate a tire completely with a hand pump either. Get a cheap, yet accurate digital pressure gauge. You'll want something when you travel anyway. I just purchased another small hand pump to fit in my tank bag,plastic mountain bike POS. I'll tinker with it to make it work. In the mean time where's my 20 year old Zefal?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.