Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to make a choice, the 2012 victory 8ball or the 2012 honda fury.I know the victory has alot more power but I want to hear anyones opinion on what and WHY I should buy. HELP I only have til this weekend too decide

·
Registered
901 Posts
The Fury obviously has a bigger dealer network. It also has a smaller gas tank. The Victory has more power, like you said. It also has a 2-year warranty (they might even give you a 5-year warranty), versus 1 year for the Honda (though you probably won't need it). I love Hondas, but I'd get the Victory.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
The one you Want. Anything other, you'll question your purchase.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Get the Fury. Japan needs the income to fix that nuke mess. Besides, it's a better looking bike with 100X the dealer support, costs $3k less, and has a great aftermarket.

Bottom line: you buy a bike like these for styling, and the Fury will turn far more heads than the Vic.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Buy the Victory, they need the business. Besides, better a sister in a wh*rehouse than a brother on a Honda

·
Registered
722 Posts
Get the one that makes you want ride and to go out in the garage at 8:00 at night, just to do a little tinkering. Whatever floats your boat. Both are solid reliable machines.

I tend to like the Victory bikes as they place an emphasis on performance (handling and power), and I like that it is an American company. I admittedly am not "cool enough" to ride a Harley, so be default if I ever buy a bike in this segment, it will be a Vic. :D

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Victory, by far! The Vic is waaaay cooler than the Furry... errr... I mean Fury.

G

·
Buy the Victory, they need the business. Besides, better a sister in a wh*rehouse than a brother on a Honda
only worse than ahonda hater is one who talks out his ass. get a fury victory is owned in part by polaris which is a subsidiary of KAWASAKI dumbass

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Dude! You manhood is being questioned!

Oh, and Polaris buys engines from Fuji, not Kawasaki and it owns Victory lock, stock and barrel. These companies are so incestuous now that there really isn't anything "made in (name your country)" any more.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
only worse than ahonda hater is one who talks out his ass. get a fury victory is owned in part by polaris which is a subsidiary of KAWASAKI dumbass
Exactly who is the dumbass here?

Polaris is an independent, public company traded on the NY Stock Exchange under the symbol PII. They have no corporate relationship with Kawasaki at all. In fact, it is Polaris who is buying companies such as Indian, and investing in other companies like Brammo (E-Bikes).

Polaris Industries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
10,903 Posts

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Not to worry. I'm taking full advantage of Florida's very liberal concealed carry law, and I have the "Stand Your Ground" law behind me as well. If he even looks cross-eyed at me I'll ventilate him with 44 caliber holes.
Truce.

They have 44 caliber rubber band guns?

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
So, this is your first motorcycle then? Probably went all out with the SOA cut and patch too for that total Bad-ass chopper look eh?? Hey works for me buddy.

As an education son, the "Brother in a Wh*rehouse" quote comes from back in the 60's when I started riding as a dig at the then pressed steel frame 160's and 305's that Honda was cranking out. Since everyone was riding Triumph, BSA, Norton and Harley or Indian if you were broke riding a dinky Honda was beneath you, hence the quote.

Notice how I posted that without resorting to name-calling? now you try!

·
Registered
323 Posts
victory parent company polaris a subsidiary of kawasaki, now which bike should he buy .the frame engine a aluminumALL USA engine assembled in S.Korea eletrical system from japan . When u talk out your ass you have bad breath
Hey [email protected], I wasn't saying buy American to be patriotic, what I was getting at was if you are NOT living in the U.S. (or maybe North America), parts and service availability for Victory is limited. Maybe you should ask for clarification before jumping to conclusions [email protected]

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Hey [email protected], I wasn't saying buy American to be patriotic, what I was getting at was if you are NOT living in the U.S. (or maybe North America), parts and service availability for Victory is limited. Maybe you should ask for clarification before jumping to conclusions [email protected]
Jumping to conclusions is the only exercise some people get...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.