Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original Article:
Victory celebrates 10th anniversary

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Victory celebrates 10th anniversary in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
They will enter the much anticipated "sport" motorcycle world very soon. With some insight from KTM and the ability to build a reliable, torque filled motor Mr Buell will need to watch his back. By 2010, you will see the bike come to life. Think of it as a cross between a XB and a Moto Guzzi Sport. Completely predictable cornering manners, lots of usable power and a price in the $11k range.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
I feel you're Right-On on that, Kirk. They've been makin' noises for four or five years about developing and introducing a Sportbike "When the time was right".

It may be Right, Right-Now.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
You mean that bike that has a toilet seat as a design inspiration? Nah, can't be...

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
10 years now and their total yearly worldwide sales (7000) are 70% of Triumph's USA sales alone. Maybe they need to enter another market than the $15K cruiser market.

Please, God, ensure that their snowmobile division never gets control of the bike quality.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
They need to start producing their own style motorcycles and fire the Ness twins. Bring something different to the table and it will sell. Enough of the Harley clones. That market is dead.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
They need to start producing their own style motorcycles and fire the Ness twins. Bring something different to the table and it will sell. Enough of the Harley clones. That market is dead.
I don't know about that. Look at what happened when they moved away from the "Harley Clone" look.

Ladies and gentlemen I give you The Vision!

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
You got me on that one! I'd say they need to ditch the V-Twins and go with something else.
Well, then there's only two choices they have available to them to be "different":

*The "Perfect" racing engine - a 75deg V-4 configuration.

*The other "Perfect" engine - a Gnome Rotary Monosoupape.

I say, go for the rotary - even solitary Soup Ape's need a job.............

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Well, then there's only two choices they have available to them to be "different":

*The "Perfect" racing engine - a 75deg V-4 configuration.

*The other "Perfect" engine - a Gnome Rotary Monosoupape.

I say, go for the rotary - even solitary Soup Ape's need a job.............
Suzuki RE-5? no that wasn't a flop at all.... neither was the Norton Commander...

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Why is it that nobody has tried a V6 in a bike? If they can try a flat six, and an inline six, then the V6 sould be cake. I bet it would make a nice motor configuration for a bike.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I think sticking with the cruisers and branching off into a Sport Touring line would work.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Why is it that nobody has tried a V6 in a bike? If they can try a flat six, and an inline six, then the V6 sould be cake. I bet it would make a nice motor configuration for a bike.
I believe it's because the problem is uneven firing-orders = weird vibes, and even "tuned" V-6's sound like crap.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
No they don't.
Yes, they do. Nyah nyah nyah.

I've heard those V-6 Mustangs and Prowlers with loud exhausts. They really do suck. So there.

They should fit Wright R-1830s into cars. Now that would sound great! Especially if they kept the black powder starters. Yeeehaw!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.