Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

· Registered
11,481 Posts
Even though I think it's fun to "bash" on Harley for being mechanically unsound, I've gotta hand it to them - they've come a LONG way in the Initial Quality and Fit/Finish departments.

· Registered
11,481 Posts
Re: Hoo ray I think

Sorry, but it's *MY* mofo'n money - If I wanna spend seventy smackers on a Hooker, The Wife best not grouse about it.............

· Registered
1,521 Posts
Ahh shortride, I am delighted to see you contributing again. How is your stalking doing? Haven´t you got any luck seeing any pictures of Kpaul yet? Well that´s quite surprising because you come across like a balanced normal person.

- cruiz-euro

· Registered
1,521 Posts
I must say that Harley has far exceeded my expectations on the reliability part (quality is another matter, like in "chrome sticking to the cylinder head"). I have had a Fat Boy for four years and not a single glitch. Hard driving, any weather, couple of drops, not nothing. Always goes. A sense of complete trust has evolved, quite rare as I am very critical and sceptic guy. Some would say septic.

- cruiz-euro

· Registered
1,521 Posts
I totally agree with you AirHawk. These guys have really done something for the industry. Furthermore, to build on this, I really wish somebody with DEDICATION AND REAL MONEY (emphasis on dedication) would snatch the Indian motorcycle company and do the same for the industry. The in-line longitudenealowichky (fugs sake I´ve had too much malbec) 4 would be a killer. Who, who on earth could possibly resist it?

- cruiz-euro

· Aging Cafe` Racer
8,714 Posts
Actually I thought you were gay , what with the BMW comment and your "hard driving Fat Boy"...

Whatever flips your switch my friend, it's OK, really.....

· Registered
1 Posts
I owned a 99 Victory, that I bought new from the dealer, for 6 years. Let's see now... it leaked gas from a T connection under the gas tank that had to be repaired frequently; it had false neutrals between gears; the gear shift fell off one day as I rode down the road; the front brake "loped" althought the dealer swore the disk rotor wasn't warped; it vibrated so bad you couldn't see anything in the mirrors and my feet got numb unless I wore soft rubber soled boots; the kickstand spring broke; the headlight constantly vibrated loose; it ate batteries at the rate of one per year. Yeah, what a wonderful product. Worst bike of the eight I have owned in 30 years of riding. I finally parked it for three years before getting rid of it. They won't see me again in spite of all the hype. I went back to metric bikes.

By the way - the dealer, who carried only Victory and claimed he was the biggest in the South, went out of business.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.