Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't wait to see what happens when the KTM merger gets some real traction. I'm the furthest thing from a cruiser guy, but I do like the Victory's. They know their market, the Ness makeover is distinct and fresh, yet conservative enough to stay within the boundaries of cruiserdom. The names alone deliver the compensation factor that many blat blatters are cravin'. I'm glad they're doing well and if I was in the market for a cruiser, I'd definitely look at Victory, probably before the Rising Sun product line.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Well, good on 'em!

They must be selling them to somebody. Around here, I seldom see a Victory. Of any vintage.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The thing that throws me about Victory is the parent company. I work for Mountainwest RV/ATV in Utah and we see Polaris ATV's in the shop 3 to 1 versus any other brand. Having riden about everything Polaris (atv's, watercraft, snowmobiles) if Victory is anything like Polaris, they are heavy, slow, and prone to unexplainable fires and have build quality that rivals that of neanderthals. No thanks

·
Registered
240 Posts
Who was it that was saying Victory should make buikding a bagger priority #1? Oh yeah, me. Seriously, I'll be 40 when it comes out, and by God, I'll buy one to go with my GS.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thats true,Polaris still owns 25% of their stock but Polaris will not take a mojority. Although KTM will make some ATV engine's for them. Plus KTM is the European distruberter for Polaris.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Luckily, Polaris' ATV unit and the Victory motorcycle unit are operated independently. The ATV and other products that Polaris make are struggling to keep up with quality control. The Victory guys, however, are rocking the house. 10 more years of positive grow and they just may make a real dent in HD motorcycle sales. Way to go Victory.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Good news! I love hearing that any American company is doing well. However, they are going to need to build something besides cruisers if they want my buisness. Nothing wrong with'm, they're just not my thing.

·
Registered
183 Posts
That all sounds nice, but I wonder about those "sales" numbers. Polaris considers it "sold" when the dealers take the units, not when they hit the street. I personally KNOW of dealers still sitting on 2003, 2004, and 2005 new units.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Nice visuals. You sound like motojournalist material.

Next you'll be saying things like "they also handle like a wheelbarrow full of bowling balls going wfo down a flight of stairs."

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2006 Victory Vegas 8 Ball last October and it is a great bike with super build quality and no problems. It handles great too. Been riding over 30 years and this is my first cruiser. The rest have been sport tourers and naked bikes. Victory is for real.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.