Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Actually, I was going to tell you about this hop up after the 1st Vino story. How did I know? My local Yamaha dealer offered all this information when I was browsing on a snowy day, and I said "Neat looking scooter". Evidently, Yamaha has made this info available to all their dealers

·
Registered
350 Posts
As we've said any other time this off-topic post comes about: as soon as Triumph gets us a TT600. And that is supposed to be this week.

Adrebb, this question is what e-mails to [email protected] are. Or even somebody on staff. The Reader Feedback after a certain story is, we like to think, supposed to be about that particular story.

Example: as a kid in school, the teacher says, "Adrebb, please let us know what you think of the Boston Tea Party and how it relates to taxation in that period." To which you respond, "why were they all wearing funny hats? When are they going to get decent clothes?"

Again, try to stay on topic, OK? Thanks. :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thats exactly correct.

In Japan, people have been putting larger main jets, (from a 64 to 68. We would've done the same thing, but apparently they're hard to find) big bore kits and aftermarket pipes.

Way cool!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Okay, I may be missing something...but why buy a $1700 scooter and then go through all this trouble to get its max speed all the way up to 45mph when a 5-year-old Rebel 250 or Ninja 250 is just as practical, just as cheap, and can go highway speeds?

By the way, my old Rebel 250 had a top speed of 79mph and got 90+mpg, completely stock.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Because scooters are cool! I'd rather have the Vino on hand to cruise around town on than a Rebel 250 (ugh). Scooters are very cool, and I'm glad they are finally garnering some attention (Or perhaps maybe a resurgence of interest?) in the US market.

·
Registered
93 Posts
After a fine article like this one, I'm sure this will have people "donating" money to MO in droves....and those that did will be happy to see the fine quality of technical article that their money paid for...*sigh*....

·
Registered
32 Posts
OK...now that I am a DONATIN' guy, I want MP3 vids of Minime wheelieing the Vino VTX edition at 100 MPH. I demand that as a contributing user.

(ed. We were afraid of this.)

(-pre-edited, and yes I am joking)

·
Registered
43 Posts
OK!!! Folks it's official...MO is on CRACK!!!!! Hopping up a scooter what could be more rediculous, but wait I hopped up my riding lawn mower when I was 9 so maybe it's not just them, maybe it is everyone who live in motorcycledom. I do believe it is.

Hey have you guys thought about putting a little NOS bottle on it? With the front foot area as large as it is bottle changes would be easy, and I bet the look on the faces of passers by when you hit the nitrous would strange.

"Honey did you hear a weed eater go by, or was that just a mosquito in my ear?"

Keep up the good work!!!

·
Registered
337 Posts
This opens up endless possibilities. NOS-fogged, nitro burning Scooters From Hell!!! So, you can wheelie the thing, how about a stoppie?

You know, a couple of years ago, I would be utterly disinterested in this, but for some reason, this seems like fun right now.

I'll go home and examine my helmets for scratches and dents that I don't remember.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nice, girls.

I applaud the motor and tranny work, but c'mon, a basket? Are you girls planning on riding your hot-rodded scooter to a tea party or something? Even if you put beer or dirty magazines in that basket, it is still a basket. Otherwise, very funny.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Re: Nice, girls.

Nothing wrong with baskets.

I don't know... maybe some tassels on the handlebar ends could be cool, too!

Blip! Thanks for hearing my kookoo request for scooter reviews! You are the man!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Has a long and glorious tradition...

hopping up bikes that don't have much to start with, that is. When I was a teen there was this bike called the Honda CL100-S. It was only FIVE horsepower (legal back then for 14-year olds to ride, I don't know what the law is now). The only reason it was 5 horsepower was because the valve in the slide-valve carb had a "non-removable" cylinder extension that kept it from opening all the way. But a little dexterity with a hacksaw could easily fix that, at least doubling the horsepower and making it (sort of) highway capable. Ah, the feel of 100cc of cheap Japanese tin under you at 75mph (downhill with a strong tailwind of course). No thrill quite like it!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.