Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
I never met Von Dutch, but I did see his Harley VL that he had ridden to a meet around 1950. It was striped as usual with him, but it was a very grungy looking bike that looked like it had been left behind someones barn a few years.

·
Registered
424 Posts
How about we get one of these for a MO adventure touring shootout?

Let's take this puppy down some fire and logging roads. Maybe even catch some air and do a few motorcross tricks?

The money is going to a good cause. That's cool.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I noticed they photographed the bike sitting out in the middle of a desert. Why don't they take some action photos of the bike getting to the desert. I suppose sitting on the back of a trailer would reveal to much about how useless these bikes actually are.

·
Registered
240 Posts
But you just know that if you paul up to a Von Dutch or Bourget or Big Dog or whatever dealership on an SV650, you'll hear endless comments about your need to get a "real" motorcycle.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Amazing isn't it? I mean how can you call motorcycles "customs" when they look as assemblyline alike as Hondas? This Von Dutch looks just like any other goosenecked rigid POS. How do you tell the dif without a scorecard?

My Chev K2500 is a "custom " too by these standards.

Oooooh. Goose neck. Twisty springer. Flexy frame. Long skinny fuel tank. How original. Never seen anything like that before.

And I simply can't wait for the "greaser chic" fashion show! Can you even say "greaser" any more? "Garage couture". LMFAO!

·
Registered
514 Posts
"Kustom Kulture is a movement that started in 1950-60’s car and motorcycle culture and continues today. The concept at the basis of this principle is that everyone is an individual with their own sense of style that reflects their personality. Kustom Kulture is an ideology that allows people to express themselves through the artistry of their vehicles."

It only means something if you build it yourself. Anything you BUY to reflect your personality just reflects the fact that you're an empty-headed consummeroid drone.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Greaser wear

I've dressed like that ever since I was a kid. Cuffed jeans, white Towncraft t-shirt, slicked back hair, Die Hards, etc...

But everywhere I look anymore people are dressed just like me. So I'm into lesiure suits now. Got a nice lime green one with a white belt and matching white bucks.

Sun City look out...

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
He looks like that already.

Actualy this is the perfect Sturgis bike. Just as Sturgis has went from an annual party that people rode whatever they could to attend, to a scripted "event" that allows "bikers" to trailer their $60,000 "customs" to so they can dress up and play tuffy for a few days. "Von Dutch Inc." has went from a crazy guy running a custom shop building hot rods and bikes to a must have fashion statement for the likes of Britiny Spears.....

Both have become parodies of themselves, they deserve each other.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I turned my stock Superglide into a bobber, does that count?

Actually all I did was lower it, put on foreward controls, a sissy bar and apehangers but it looks pretty kool. I didn't totaly abandon my sportbike ways, I used braided stainless brake lines, LOL

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Wrong!

No tats. I even had to climb out of a bathroom window from a tatoo parlor in Hong Kong one night when my "buddies" from the ship had pushed me in there and were trying to force me to get a tat.

And my T-shirt says "Mekong River Yacht Club".

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.