Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 60 of 146 Posts

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Re: Correction $1 billion per week.

The guy who was going to "lurk and learn" has so far posted nothing but insults and political bullshyt. That was the same guy that was leaving after losing the vote. Sure looks like he "learned" a lot, doesn't it?

·
Registered
174 Posts

He didn't lose the vote. It's because you voted more than 1000 times against him.

If anyone needs further proof of his mental illness, the fact that he is accusing others of voting more than once (as if we cared enough about him to do that) shows a paranoid narcissism that is beyond comprehension.

He claims he's not renewing so maybe he's just going down in flames.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·

"He claims he's not renewing so maybe he's just going down in flames."

A beer says he's not going anywhere. You can pay up when you see me again.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Re: Harley makes Red State Bikes

Yep that really helped him in the election didn't it. He should of came out against gay marriage. Everything else can go to hell (war, budget deficit, etc.) but alll you red staters care about is your bible thumping values.... So much for religous freedom in America. Your anti-science, anit-logic, ant-knowledge pro-born again agenda is going leave this country in a mess.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Compared to your Harley...

By the way Bush just asked for $80 billion more for the war. Unlike your harley, Iraq has no resale value. It's not an investment. When we do leave a radical islamic regime will come to power like Iran and our world will become more dangerous. So much for a balanced budget in our lifetime. God I can't believe how stupid you bushies/red staters are but then again you are riding the motorcycle equivalent of a 1955 Chevy only at 2005 prices. I know what this is called "Faith based motorcycle ownership". i.e. ignore the facts and technology...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Dude

I'm all for you starting a big flame war before you leave but could you please come up with something original?

The whole Iraq war, Harley technology thing is so played.

How about my wife was wearing a tube top and I scared off a bunch of bikers story or something like that. I'm gonna miss that. That's why I voted no.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I think you are 100% right. I think we should all go get a Honda Rune, just to show Harley what class, style, and "getting the most for your money" is all about.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Re: kpaul needs to...

Arguing subjective vs. objective only gives everyone a headache; but considering the reoccurrence of Harleys in the Mid-Atlantic Cycle Trader, I really think that Harley’s legendary resale-value has passed quietly (unnoticed) into history.

While, I admit the Street Rod is a step forward for Harley, to me it looks like a $16K piece of junk-jewelry. I really don’t mean to be offensive; I just feel that a rational point-of-view should be made.

And, though I admit I can be a bit harsh, that’s just for laughs.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Boy-O-Boy, and they say I'm harsh. $22K for a Valkrie, that looks like it came outa the PC800 design-department, I wouldn't wish on my former brother-in-law (shesh!).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Re: VRSCR - Back to the subject

KPaul's opinion notwithstanding, I think this new V-ROD is a pretty big deal. The engine is, by all accounts I've read, outstanding, and the styling is (still) original. The problem with the original V-Rod was that it was all about style -- which may have made sense it terms of introducing the model -- but that as a faux drag bike it was a "drag" to ride: awkward, uncomfortable, with poor handling. Instead of trying to push these things out the door for several years (without great success as it turns out), they should have followed with a more "practical" model fairly quickly. Now, it seems that they have finally done so, and have produced what should be a pretty nice bike, nice to look at and nice to ride. We'll see how they test, but changing the wheelbase, steering geometry and particularly, the ergos, should make this a dramatically different ride from the original. Effectively, it amounts to a true new model.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Re: VRSCR - Back to the subject

Harley knew why some people liked that bike, but didn't buy one. It wasn't a secret that fuel capacity, riding position, and solid wheels were putting some people off. They addressed those issues with this model. Imagine how many VFR's Honda would sell if they actually listened to their customers.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Re: kpaul needs to...

while it's probly not what it used to be...it's likely better than other manufacturers...look at how much an old amf ironhead sells for...

unfortunately, this whole poor resale thing is making it hard for me to justify spending time or money to fix my old honda.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yesterday

I'm in FL right now at a conference and we had Ken Schmidt as a speaker. He was H-D's director of communications starting back in 1985 (pre Evo and pre Softail).

It was very interesting how H-D built it's brand by (surprise) givint its customers what they want.

The Big Four would kill for the kind of brand loyalty H-D has.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Re: The V-Rod for the rest of us!

I've always thought that an 883 or 1200 based through-back styled cafe racer would be a sweet bike. Again it would not be a big seller in the HD line, but I doubt that the VSCR is going to sell like hot cakes compared to the fat boys and such.

This bike does look like a step in a good direction for HD. Good style a little porky, basically and overstyled streetfighter. Nice try, and the HD faithfull should accept it as a "real bike" sice they stuck with that oversized front tire.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts

Maybe we'll miss dunderhead and his idiotic generalizations. But he's a typical blue stater. A criminal, liar, baby-killer, draft dodger and druggie who is stupid enpough to listen to Dan Rather. Nah. We won't miss him.

41 - 60 of 146 Posts