Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
How about a review of the vtx 1300 c model. I think this bike maybe up to snuff. I think the c models are much preferred because of less weight and lower profile. Isn't the 1800 a new class of bike anyway ? "touring-cruiser"

·
Registered
80 Posts
MO is back in the good graces of the giant honda???? There are tests of the VTX 1300 out there already. Just remember in the cruiser catagorie there is no replacement for displacement. Kawasaki's 1500 classic is priced just about the same as the honda 1300, and they both have carbs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
VTX 1300 RETRO

Yes, I'm referring to the 1300 Retro model. A lot of the media (and private parties) are saying that the 1300 sounds, and feels better than the 1800. Everyone seems to be saying that it's more refined. The only thing I like about the new "C" model is the cast wheels. I like the tank-mounted speedometer, and the bigger, valenced fenders of the retro. Somehow to me, the styling on it seems more "fresh". The MOrons definitely need to test this baby!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, some people enjoy (and spend a lot of time) cooking, therefore requiring the knowledge that comes from actually testing DIFFERENT stoves. And...SOME people are open to the fact that their type of bike is not the ONLY type of bike out there. There is actually this thing called opinion (MOpinion, if you will...ha). Everyone has one, and there is a bike out there to suit anyone's.

Ron

·
Registered
323 Posts
SV650? Cruiser? A V-twin does not a cruiser make. There are 1,2,3,4,6,and 8 piston cruisers. Cruisers do not have sportbike frames and ergos. Some say the max is not a cruiser. That's because they are jelous and want the max disqualified so they have some sort of chance. Simply put the max is the power cruiser all others love to hate. Just go to the V-rods group on Yahoo. Even when a V-rod owner mentions the max it makes others on the group mad.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I recently rode a VTX 1300 and was impressed with the power. If you want a big rumbling V-Twin, then it's a good buy.

The tranny is like buttah, and I got used to the heel-toe shifter in no time at all. Very nice.

But, compared to your Ninja, the 1300 handles like a beached whale. And the floorboards reduce cornering ability even more. Are you really prepared for that different a ride? You should probably test-ride a few cruisers before you buy one, if you haven't already.

But, if you really have your *****-whipped heart set on a cruiser, take a look at the Kawasaki Mean Streak instead. It has similar power and corners much better. Heck, it even has a tachometer, like a real motorcycle....

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don't know how you can go from a sportbike to a cruiser, but that is only my humble opinion. Why not switch to a naked/standard type bike, if your "new" wife looks at some of them, maybe she won't think they are so dangerous.

·
Registered
5 Posts
...the same way someone can like both the Ferrari F355 AND the Mercedes C class. Two cars with totally different styles, ride, and handling characteristics! One is fast, and colorful, with sharp lines and is REALLY fast. The other is very sofisticated and plush, with an emphasis on rider comfort and style. See...?

·
Registered
5 Posts
*****- whipped, huh??? Funny! Hey, thanks for the input. I have looked at the Mean Streak, as well, and it just doesn't do it for me. I wish the VTX performed like the Meanie, but for now, I like the VTX's mix of style/power.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.