Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Too far to the other end and this where the Harley V-Rod will start to earn its stripes as it in the correct direction...bigger is not necessarily better and the Vulcan 2000 proves this point. Kawasaki missed the mark this bike.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
It's not about torque...it's about the direction that cruisers will eventually head. Somehow I can't see eBass lane splitting through Los Angeles rush hour traffic on Baby Huey lane. Even the motorcycle publications are saying this is simply a behemoth. Any motorcycle manufacturer can make a bigger bike...making a cruiser like the V-rod is more of a challenge. I'll take the V-Rod over this Baby Huey. The V-Rod technically accomplishes more with less.

Bigger is not always better.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Kawasaki and other manufacturers who are trying to topple the v-twin market are missing the mark. They try to do so with bigger is better, etc., etc. However, Harley is uniquely American and has that market hands down in ways far beyond simply manufacturing a v-twin...it's an icon.

No matter what is put out there in the v-twin segment it is doubtful that it will ever gain the market share they so desire. Triumph, with their own interpretation of large cruiser is the only one with any credence of cutting into the that market share because they got smart and chose to put out an inline three. No matter how good they are, how much bigger they are, no matter what, the Japanese will never get the v-twin market share they so desire. Harley is still Harley. Yes, they are those H-D dealers that gouge and I am against that altogether, but what Harley has NO other manufacturer has in the v-twin world.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts