Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
I can never understand people who complain that cruisers don't carve canyons well. Sportbikes don't "cruise" well.

Take your R6, put your favorite girl on the back, travel down a country road no faster than 50 mph, smell the flowers, look at the trees and wildlife, chat a little bit, enjoy liife.

Do that for three hours straight and see if your bones aren't killing you after half that time. Your girlfriend will probably break up with you too.

Sometimes going slow is fun.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Change it to CBRKZRGSXRYZR Online

You know as well as I do that some people won't be satisfied until MO spends its time exclusively doing comparos on the same 4 hot liter bikes and the same 4 hot 600s, over and over and over and over and.....

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
How about this

We have 1 idiot that has ridden all of one motorcycle in his whole life that he rides like a *****, and he's going to tell the rest of the readership about how he can't take reading this. When was the last time he actually said anything related to motorcycles? He can't afford a new bike anyway because he's too stupid to get a decent job. It's good to know I've been riding 20 years before this idiot showed up, and I'll be riding 20 more after he's just a bad memory. Just a blip on the radar screen till he burns out. He shouldn't flatter himself calling himself a squid. He wouldn't make a pimple on a squids ass.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Hey, what do you know Eric, you just rode the thing. Don't let that get in the way of totally uninformed "facts" and mess up everything. Why do you need road tests anyway? All we need are the readers, who haven't as much as touched their bottom on the seat, to tell us all we need to know. Your just confusing me by riding it and then telling us what it was like. LOL

·
Registered
640 Posts
Tear each others' throats out

Answer to: What happens when a bunch of MO readers are thrown in a room together?

Now something really important to all you motorcycle enthusiasts, I took ownership of a new 2004 Prius Hybid car. Pretty darn nice but the wife and I are always jockey-in for the driver's seat. From what I hear a person that orders today has more than a 6 month wait.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
OK, so I went to the DC show, and sat on the F*cker. What a monster. I'm sure it's fun (OK?) to ride, but Jeezus!

Then I went to the Harley display and sat on the Dyna Sport thing (Sorry, Harley guys, still haven't figured out HD nomenclature, even after owning 2). It just felt so much better. Look, I'm not one of the faithful, but the motor company has the cruiser thing down. If I'm going to spend the $ for a cruiser, I think I'd look for a good used FXRS Sport (OK, that's one I remember), before I'd get the K2K.

Luckily, I don't have to make that decision. I try not to spend a whole lot on my 2 wheeled toys.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well...I just sat on one in the dealership today, and am seriously considering buying it. It's freaking beautiful. I'm 5'10", 160lbs and hefted it around easily. I even rolled it around the floor a bit....okay, not exactly a test ride. Absolutely the coolest cruiser available right now. Harley Shmarley.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Cruising with sportbikes

Just buy a standard. It'll do both, and your girlfriend won't break up with you for forcing her to ride on it. Or, if you can afford them all, buy 3 bikes: one for canyons, one for cruising, and one for trackdays.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Actually KPaul I think you have it backwards, EBass is right

MO probably if anything does more sportbike stuff then the demographics of the site visitors warrants. EBass is right more cruisers are sold than anything else. I am new here but I think they do a great job of balancing things out. I love all bikes and my next bike will be a cruiser but I plan to keep my sportbike. Maybe you should check out sportrider.com.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Muscle Cars????

As someone who wants to complete his fleet of bikes, I have sport bike now, I too think this bike is a little big. I plan to buy a cruiser this summer. Current the list includes the Harley FXDX, Mean Streak, Warrior, and Victory Vegas. I have to echo others and say that size isn't everything. I want a cruiser that can handle and stop well. These big cruisers remind me of how muscle cars in the late 60s and 70s grew. They were fun as long as you didn't go around curves. Give me a 65 Mustang with a 283 V-8 over a 72 429 anyday.

·
Registered
235 Posts
CBR1000

Maybe Honda Canada are a little less arrogant than Honda USA. However, they did only have 1, compared to Kawi's 5 or so zx-10r's and Yammy's 3 R1's. I don't think anyone even noticed the GSXR1000, not it's year I guess. But leave it to Suzuki to come back in 05 or 06 with something far more ridiculous.

The Honda didn't feel as light between the knees as the other 2 (none of them had fuel of course) but still felt very small, and like the 954, made you feel as though you were hunched over the front wheel. (which may be more effective in the turns). THe Kawi felt positively TINY while the R1 felt long and pointed... though that may have been my erection.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, having just seen the bike in person, while very nice, it is still a metric cruiser. Many familiar parts from the Kwacker bin... somewhat generic. And the price - particualrly up here in Canada - leaves me cold. Perhaps a bit too much bike for too much money.

·
Registered
170 Posts
"Ninety Seven Horsepower is nothing to sneeze at in a cruiser, but not really earth shattering. However, I can hardly say the same about a no-foolin One Hundred Twenty Three Foot Pounds at the rear tire. Yes indeed, that just might shatter the earth."

Hardly - it's not earth shattering either. Sure it sounds impressive, but the engine maxes out at ~5000 rpm. I wonder what the gearing ratios are?

I'd imagine that if you looked at the thrust curves for the Vulcan and compared them to an FZ1, ZRX, etc, that peak torque value would suddenly be less impressive than what was quoted above.

-- Michael

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I think we'd better see some MSF scores from ebass and some magazine articals explaining how it holds up next to Kawasaki's own crown jewel (need I use the "C" word here?) before we can take his word for anything.

21 - 40 of 177 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.