Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 60 of 177 Posts

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Re: Muscle Cars????

Try the Magna. I've got an old '84. Handles pretty good, brakes work real well. The new ones are even better.

Not a lotta grunt down low though. It is a 4 after all.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Well, no need for you to ride one to find out about it is there? The dyno charts tell you all you need to know.

You got a load of magazines stuffed in your tankbag?

·
Registered
3,415 Posts

I'll take an '04 RX8 myself.

I test drove an '88 Z28 for my stepson last night, talk about a trip down memory lane. The last car I had with any balls was a '69 Fury 111 Interceptor. They were fun at the time but new cars are so much nicer.

I guess thats why I don't care much for cruisers, if you can get a sporty standard bike thats comfortable to poke around on or shred corners, why buy a 900lb boat anchor? I don't really include Harley's as cruisers because they're pretty much in a class of their own, though I expect them to develop a V3 when they see how good the Rocket 111 works.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Why a used Harley? They seem to cost more than new ones. Just look at the classifieds. It seems each one contains "A zillion dollars invested in chrome geegaws and doodads. Must see to appreciate this milestoone in customization. Asking price only $10K over book value."

It's usually better to just buy a new one.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
And then....

...one for sport touring and one for dual purpose, and one for long distance toruing and one for small tight roads and one for long sweeping roads and one for stoplight grand prix (isn't smoking idiots who think that cars with NOS are fast a major reason for riding bikes?) and one just to sit an admire during winter snowpacked roads and, oh yes, just one more.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts

I've driven an RX-8 twice. What a car! I'll know in a few weeks if one will be ending up in buzglyd's garage soon.

I also drove a BMW 330 with the SMG (sequential manual geerbox) transmission. You get to be a Formula 1 pilot shifting through the gears with no clutch pedal.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Its good you put the record straight, Michael. Less intelligent people might have possibly concluded that Kawi's 122 lbft at 3,000 RPM would have looked outstanding compared to FZ1's 74 lbft at 7,400 RPM.

- cruiz-euro

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Re: Is Motorcycle Online going to change its name to Cruiser Online?

Objectively speaking, there is more happening in cruiser world today than in any bike segment ever. Its certainly not tepid stuff like new brembos and +5% power.

Lets have sportbike reviews when FZ1 will be upgraded to 2 liters or GSX-R gets 2.3 litres in inline three.

- cruiz-euro

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
It's not about torque...it's about the direction that cruisers will eventually head. Somehow I can't see eBass lane splitting through Los Angeles rush hour traffic on Baby Huey lane. Even the motorcycle publications are saying this is simply a behemoth. Any motorcycle manufacturer can make a bigger bike...making a cruiser like the V-rod is more of a challenge. I'll take the V-Rod over this Baby Huey. The V-Rod technically accomplishes more with less.

Bigger is not always better.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Re: Tear each others' throats out

Heh. Now that's an Electra-glide... ;)

So, I hear those things have pretty good acceleration. I think what Toyota needs to do to sell the hybrid concept to the mass market is slap the sheetmetal from their MR-S on it, so it's not only technologically cool, but very pretty as well. I mean, let's face it, no matter how cool the Prius may be, it's no sleek sports car.

-Kawazuki

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
End of "big" hog

- Kawi 2050cc 96 hp 122 lbft

- H-D 1450cc 62 hp 72 lbft

Do the % maths and ***** your pants.

We can safely conclude H-D has no choice but to come up with something big.

Imagine the impact on the 2nd hand market.

- cruiz-euro

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: Executive Transport

So, an RX8 is going to be the new Buzglyd Inc. company car, Eh?

I get stuck with a '93 Caravan comercial model in tasteful corporate grey and white, but I've got two tool box's AND a ladder rack.

I did plaster a Land Rover World bumper sticker on the back.

41 - 60 of 177 Posts