Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
FZ6 is a nice surprise. It's about time someone started competing with the SV650. Literbikes just get lighter and more powerful every year. It's not if you can afford the bike, it's if you can afford the insurance!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why get the Naked version?

Unlike the SV-650, the FZ6 Nekked doesn't have any different ergonomics, so there isn't a reason to get the Nekked over the faired from a comfort perspective.

And since the FZ6 is designed as a super-practical sport bike, a fairing is pretty useful.

·
Registered
96 Posts
EEEEEEEEEEEEwwwwwwwwww

I think Yamaha really f'ed up the rear end of the R1 with those underseat exhausts. I know I'm a little biased here, bit it seems the japanese just can't get them to look right. This R1's ass reminds me of a current gen VFR, which is hardly breathtaking, IMHO. I thought the 02-03 R1 was a classic, right up there w/ the 916 & RC30.

I feel better now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: EEEEEEEEEEEEwwwwwwwwww

I'm going to the local shop this week and find out when I can put down my depost. I've ridden by brother-in-law's R6 and loved the bike but too many years on the keyboard have fried my wrists.

The only bummer is the exhaust. Those under seat cans might look sharp, but wait until you try and buy an aftermarket pipe. Checked out the price the vendors get for the new 600RR? Every pipe is unique so, presumably the fabricators cannot spread the development costs across several bike lines. Cost of style.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hey MO, what is the deal with your jpg software? Those wallpapers images are 4-9MB. When I download them, view 'em with Microsloth Photo Editor and then save them as jpg's, they come down to 0.8-1.5MB.

Other than that, you are giving me just what I am paying for. Thanks.

The new R1 is mucho tasty. Heck, all of the new Yamasports are.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Re: Why get the Naked version?

Not only that but when you buy the faired version (like a lot of SV owners do) the coversion to completely naked is relatively easy and you still have the fairing for any long distance you might do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fairing - Check

Centerstand - Check

Silver - Check

Under 2 zillion CC - Check

Affordable - Check

I'm in love. Always loved the FZ1 but couldn't afford it and was always a bit scared to find out how much it would cost for insurance.

The FZ6 looks like just the thing for me. I've been considering a Kawa ZR-7s but this looks much more tasty.

jim

·
Registered
48 Posts
It's deja vu. Kawasaki's latest greatest Ninja plays second-fiddle to the R1. The ZX-9R looked so cool until the R1 was unveiled a few years ago. Things never change. In keeping with the trend, Suzuki is left with an ugly, but effective track weapon (as was the case with the 600 class last year).

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I agree with MO. Great looking bike with f'ed up instruments: enough to be a deal breaker for me. Two plain old analog clocks with imbedded idiot lights would be better. If weight is a consideration, I'll stop eating donuts for a month. Sorry, but you skinny guys will have to find other ways to compensate.

·
Registered
48 Posts

I would seriously consider owning the naked version but have no interest in the faired one.

The naked version looks fantastic and the faired version looks like a Bandit 600...

·
Registered
406 Posts

Well, my thought was 'the aftermarket will provide'. There has to be a way to get the unfaired version's headlight over the pond to the States and then I can have my sexy Brutale cake and tour with it too.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.