Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else waiting for the GTR? Many are tired of waiting and gone FJR or other brands.

I'm disappointed in the lateness, the weight, and the tank capacity but still holding out. Mainly because I've got a ZX14 and really love it. I want a real tourer as well and one that can be fun in the twisties. The new Connie just might be it.

Hoping MO will test one as quickly as possible. I'm not committing to buy without some reliable feedback.

·
Registered
18 Posts
For me its all about waiting and waiting until the bike is at the dealer! I went to the Cycle World show in Ft. Worth last fall and was very disappointed they wouldn't let you sit on the bike - or even touch the stupid thing!

I've heard it has a tall seat height - I'm hopeful as I am 6'4"...

Thanks,
(1st post on new forum!!)
Brian

·
Registered
3 Posts
If ever there were reason to avoid a first generation effort, I think this is it: new everything on this baby! On paper, it looks delightful - but real world, I am aprehensive about execution of design. I do hope it succeeds, however.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Based on years of experience I'd say that it's foolish to buy any vehicle in it's first model year. Look at the heat blasting the owners of the first FJR1300s had to endure. The list is endless.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Hey, dude. I've decided that this new forum setup is great. Yeah it's more complex but now there are lots of forums where certain loud-mouthed know-nothings have absolutely no excuse to inject their stupid ideas. All he's got now are general news and Kawasaki forums.

Oh, damm, what am I thinking? It's never stopped him before. At least now if he starts to stalk anyone he can be exorcised.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Hey, dude. I've decided that this new forum setup is great. Yeah it's more complex but now there are lots of forums where certain loud-mouthed know-nothings have absolutely no excuse to inject their stupid ideas. All he's got now are general news and Kawasaki forums.

Oh, damm, what am I thinking? It's never stopped him before. At least now if he starts to stalk anyone he can be exorcised.
There you go abusing your moderating powers again! I'm so persecuted!

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
I'm wondering why the recently posted price ranges from $12k and change to over $14k. ABS?

It's going to be really interesting to see the bike in the dealer. I'm very interested in it, but I've seen photos of other bikes that I was sure would be way cool and turned out to not appeal to me at all.

The old adage about never buying the first model has merit. I never install a Windows version until SP1 is out. Maybe I can avoid Vista all together...

·
Registered
84 Posts
It is in shops now in Canada, and being delivered in the US as people are posting pictures of their bikes being assembled. There is already a brief review on a Canadian model on another website. Let it begin!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Late model release

Kawasaki really shoots themselves in the foot for northern climate sales. When they're slow to release new models, the riding season is almost half over up here in WI. Might be worth it to wait and see what the other mfr's bring out in a couple of months ...

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Power! Domination! I'm King of the World!

(So, where's Kate Winslet?)
She's just cleaning up now, I'll send her over when she's done.....

I wouldn't mind a new Connie but you already know it's going to be a pig in the corners because it's based on the ZX14. Still be a great way to eat some miles at a brisk pace.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I may be kicked off of MO for saying this but I don't want any more horsepower than the bikes I currently run have. The ZRX1100 gets about 95 RWHP and you know, it's fast enough for me. I'm sure that if I had a ZX14 I'd be riding the bus everywhere after a couple of months.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.