Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a Speed Triple that has over 30k miles and an owner willing to sell for less than $2000. I really like the style of the speed triple, but I'm a new rider, so I don't want to spend a lot on a new bike.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Dang. I'd like one of those too!

I'll pay $2100! Contact me first!

You should get some experience before getting a freaking Speed Triple. Yikes! A newbie on as Speed Triple is a recipe for disaster. Hope you have a lot of self-restraint.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
I'm looking for a Speed Triple that has over 30k miles and an owner willing to sell for less than $2000. I really like the style of the speed triple, but I'm a new rider, so I don't want to spend a lot on a new bike.
Speed triple for under 2 grand? I'll take two please! I'm an old rider, and I don't want to spend a lot on a new bike either. I'm actually waiting for those 3 grand Evo's to show up like Seruzawa promised they would.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
A Speed Triple would NOT be a good first bike. Go to the Learning to Ride section of the forum and check out the sticky post there on appropriate bikes.
Are you kiddin' me? It's a FANTASTIC First Bike! What better way to learn exactly HOW High Medical Bills can go, or exactly HOW Much Pain a Man (or Woman!) can endure?

If a person is lookin' for a Test of their Moto-bravery (or Moto-stupidity, same-alike), this one is the Finals............

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
You've come to the right place, young man

Ummm, hi? I'm new here. I'm a new rider and looking for a Bimota Tesi for under a grand. It's ok if it has a few miles on it or is a little dirty.
as it happens I have not one but two Bimotas and a few MV 's..send me your addy. and money order for 999.99 and I'll ship one out to you by return mail...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Someone recently sold one in Vermont for $800. They needed some quick money for school, so I figure there's probably other motivated sellers out there.

Thanks for the word of caution but I should be okay with the 950 engine.

Dang. I'd like one of those too!

I'll pay $2100! Contact me first!

You should get some experience before getting a freaking Speed Triple. Yikes! A newbie on as Speed Triple is a recipe for disaster. Hope you have a lot of self-restraint.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"Someone recently sold one in Vermont for $800."

When you actually buy one for 800 bucks post a picture of it. That seller wasn't 'motivated'. He was stupid or selling a boat anchor.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
as it happens I have not one but two Bimotas and a few MV 's..send me your addy. and money order for 999.99 and I'll ship one out to you by return mail...
Do you ship to Nigeria? I live in a palace and I've got 40 million stuck in a bank account and haven't been able to get it out.

Can you help me with that too?

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
"Someone recently sold one in Vermont for $800."

When you actually buy one for 800 bucks post a picture of it. That seller wasn't 'motivated'. He was stupid or selling a boat anchor.
Fake ad I suspect. You can't buy a Trident model in GA without coughing up $2500.

H3ll, I'd pay $800 for a 1050 motor alone. Need it for a project idea.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Wow ! I Sure Can

Do you ship to Nigeria? I live in a palace and I've got 40 million stuck in a bank account and haven't been able to get it out.

Can you help me with that too?
Let me give you my bank account number, PIN and social security number, you can transfer the money to my account and I'll set up an off shore bank account in the Caymans we can both access.....

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Let me give you my bank account number, PIN and social security number, you can transfer the money to my account and I'll set up an off shore bank account in the Caymans we can both access.....
That's nothing! I just won US$5,250,675,256.00 (Five-Billion Two-hundred-fifty-Million Six-hundred-seventy-five-Thousand Two-hundred-fifty-six Dollars United States) in the Ukrainian Lottery! And I didn't even know I was entered!

As soon as I send in my Processing Fee, It's New Motos for ALL my Friends!

WhooHooo!!!!

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
That's nothing! I just won US$5,250,675,256.00 (Five-Billion Two-hundred-fifty-Million Six-hundred-seventy-five-Thousand Two-hundred-fifty-six Dollars United States) in the Ukrainian Lottery! And I didn't even know I was entered!

As soon as I send in my Processing Fee, It's New Motos for ALL my Friends!

WhooHooo!!!!
Dude- you rock!!!

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"I didn't even know I was entered!"

I entered you in my personal lottery too and you didn't win. I didn't bill you yet for the honor of participating. I'm coming to collect in person!

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Kenspank,

You'll have much better luck with a Thunderbird, probably a Sport. Great looking bike, and it has 95% of the same 900cc motor.

I think the Speed Triple and Daytona variants had a little cam work.

But, you'll still have a time finding one under $3000.

A minor point; '99 was the first year for the 955cc mill.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Thunderbird Sports are pretty thin on the ground too I'm afraid. People tend to hang on to them

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.