Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Went up Osborne Cyn. road yesterday with a few buddies. Was fun power-sliding around sandy corners, & splashing through stream crossings.

A few more rainstorms like the last one and I might need knobbies for the mighty KZ.

Thanks God!

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
WOW pretty intense. Were these 100 year flash floods or something? One might be tempted to criticize some of the road engineering done. However, engineering for these roads happened decades ago when they were probably lightly used and the expense to engineer for the flash floods that occur every 100 years would of been too expensive.

I got caught in a flash flood once in Colorado as a firefighter. Those dry gullies are there for a reason. Normally dry creek beds were ranging rivers. It was an impressive site.....

Some are roads were washed out up here but nothing on this scale... i.e. Southern Cal is disaster central....earthquakes, floods, fires, etc. the God of the Red States is telling you to repent... :)

Interesting pirtures thanks Steven

·
Registered
441 Posts
Re: Lost in the Flood

Latigo is rideable. It's down to one lane (because the other has been washed away) about 1/2 way up, but it's rideable.

Was on Sand Canyon yesterday :) It's a bit dirty, but the hillsides are GREEN. Slow down a bit and enjoy the view. It's gorgeous.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Let's do it. You want the DT1 or the CL350?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Steve, if you're going to Pozo on a dual purpose bike take the road leading to lake Lopez out of Arryo Grande. Once past lake Lopez the road is all dirt going through the Los Padres National Forrest. Some nice views and pretty scenery. VWW

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
No need. 600 Supersports are the safest bikes on the road... especially after you've been to the gym. Take one of those.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Thanks, VWW. You mean Hi Mountain Road?...

I actually tried that in the opposite direction on my Rockster last summer. I came to a water crossing and turned back. I probably could've made it through that crossing, but I had no idea what was ahead of me. I didn't want to ride for miles and miles only to be turned back by a bigger crossing.

Presently all my disposable income (and probably some of the rest of it!) is dedicated to racing with WSMC. But I do want to get a dualsport someday... someday...

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Sure, on the 750 maybe...it would take a person 3 days to get from Burbank to San Luis Obispo on a DT1. And anyway, think of the potential for enviromental damage.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.