Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Wednesday Superbike and 600 Laptimes from Dunlop Daytona Tire Testing

Why the heck is a ZX-7 in the #2 spot on the superbike times? Did they really have to stuff up the gixxers that much?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

Because that ZX-7 is an 800cc Factory Superbike, and the GSX-Rs are running to much stricter rules and much closer to stock.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Is it in their genes or environment

If you include multi-generational not just sibling relationships, you have Rossis, Roberts, and on 4 wheels, Andrettis, Unsers, Pettys, Earnharts and a bunch more, if I stop to think about it -- I am pretty sure that several of the 125 and 250 GP stars are 2nd generation racers as well.

I know that both the Haydons and Bostroms come from flattacker parents -- I believe that both Hayden parents were racers -- I heard that they met at a race, where she kicked his ass. Hard to beat that kinda genes!

You may notice that most of the top new racers started at an extremely young age (some as young as 3-4!!) and that is a lot more likely if the parents are racers. Of course, I am sure some natural talent gets passed too.

That is the excuse I use for being so slow on the track ;-)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts

Not to mention that the 1000s are very early in the development process as the AMA only finalized the 2003 rules a few weeks ago. They will be a lot closer come the start of the season.

My money still is on the main battle being between BBoz and EBoz though.

Bob

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts

A brief description of the new rules is in the latest issue of the AMA's mag.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts

I wouldn't rule out Gobert though. When he's healthy and has his head on straight he is extremely fast. He was hurt most of the season last year.

He did win at California Speedway on the R7.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts

I agree -- especially with a more serious effort from Ducati than in recent years. Go-Show is one of my personal favorites, especially when he is on a Duc. His times at Daytona are right in there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.