Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a sport biking community we need to make sure that we are not lumped in with the morons who did this.

Get Well cards can be sent to:

CHP

32951 Camino Capistrano

San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675

They will give them to the officer.

·
Registered
104 Posts
What makes me mad

What makes me mad is that maniacs run around the roads in cars, and they are just maniacs. Maniacs on bikes and they are "just another motorcyclist". It's lame, that's for sure.

These guys most likely did what they did because these bikes are stolen, these guys are NOT motorcyclists, they are criminals, and most likely thieves.

I hope the officer has a full and fast recovery. I also ask that people do not abuse the address that was listed here. Show some restraint and spare sending out silly letters saying you're glad it happened and what not (might I add they'll track you down for even joking anyhow, figured I'd add that since people don't seem to be able to show restraint around here quite often).

I hope they nail these guys.

Rob

·
Registered
350 Posts
Re: What makes me mad

Definately not your average motorcyclist, we'd like to think. And as for the "blunt object" used to strike the officer, we hear -- though it is not confirmed -- that the object was the officer's flashlight.

We'll keep you posted with any updates.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Didn't you read? He initiated a traffic stop on two motorcycles without license plates. That was most likely enough, as the bikes were probably stolen.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Additional info from the Register

Below is a link to additional info from the OC Register. It occurred at 6:45AM on Sunday, on the Orange County side just east of Caspers park (possibly near the long straight before the ranger station), and they fled east toward Elsinore. The article includes a composite drawing of one suspect, and a generic bike description, "Ninja racing motorcycles".

http://www.ocregister.com/local/chp00312cci1.shtml

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: What makes me mad

I have it form another source, who hangs with the CHP, that it may have been either a board or a stick. Either way it was definitely a blunt force attack.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What gives the police the right to pull over all riders in order to question them? Would they be doing the same thing if a civilian motorcyclist was attacked? If the officer would have followed his procedures he would not have been in such a vulnerable position.

·
Registered
368 Posts
What does it matter what he did. You don't condone this, but somehow you still think it was the cops fault. Give me a break.

Have you ever seen a known criminal (like with arrest warrants) get pulled over? They run immediately and will do many crazy things just to prevent getting caught (because that means going to jail). So I doubt this officer did anything to provoke this attack, other than his job (in this case possibly trying to recover some stolen bikes, which we should appreciate).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey jerkoff

Obviously, the officer was doing his job, why refer to his contact with these anonymous bikers as an initiation? Last time I checked, the police were sworn to protect and serve, what leads you to believe he deserved being assaulted? Are you assuming he was in the wrong, and by that logic, saying he got what was coming?

·
Registered
368 Posts
I think it is called probably cause. You (your bike) looked like it fit the description (you really think they can tell one model/brand from another).

Its the same thing that gets somebody pulled over after a robbery or other crime happens in a neighborhood. You fit the description, so they want to check you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What a moron you are, magneto! the cops have the right to investigate crimes by stopping anyone who fits the description of someone who committed a crime. Think about the location of where this happened. How many "outs" are there on the Ortegas? There's one in O.C. and one in Elsinore. Quick action can catch the guys who did this. And speaking of procedure....what would you know about procedure for stopping a couple of guys out trying to scrape some pegs? It seems you have a problem with doing the right thing. I'm suprised you don't just come out and say it...."It was all the cop's fault!" Right? Most of the comments have been positive toward this officer who was doing his job, however you did not seem to get the point.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.