Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sean -- thanks for posting this.

Have not seen much here about any form of dirt bike racing or dirt bikes, but I am sure that there are a lot more like me who ARE interested.

How about writing up something about your supermoto race experiences?

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ditto Sean, more dirt would be nice...especially in regards to the Supercross series. There are so many interesting stories in both the 250 and 125 classes.

As far as this race goes, apparently Reed is not intimidated by Carmicheal very much. But then again, it's only 1 race and it's a long season. Should be fun!

·
Registered
100 Posts
DEAR BELOVED MO STAFF...

Would it be at all possible to keep from giving away the results of the races from the HEADLINES on the homepage of the site?

I love checking in with MO daily, but wifey and I like to find out who the winners are as we're watching the one week delayed race coverage on TV.

I appreciate the SX coverage on MO, but WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE to title the link to the story, "Anaheim SX Opener!" or "A New Paradigm in Anaheim!" or whatever.

Please, oh please!

Of course I'll be at the Dallas, Indy, St. Louis and possibly the Atlanta rounds, so you can spoil those... but then again, there may be other SX fans on the site...

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: DEAR BELOVED MO STAFF...

Yeah, this is a tough issue for races where TV coverage is delayed -- even if it is same day (eg MotoGP). I have that problem with the speedtv.com site. I open the site to check on the schedule to verify the time the race will air, and there in the headline is the race result!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Re: DEAR BELOVED MO STAFF...

I feel ashamed! No joke. I was one of the readers who would brow beat MO mercilessly over spoilers. I apologize to all of you for hinting at the winner in the subject line. I promise it won't happen again.

As for more dirt coverage... I will see what I can do. A lot of it depends on sanctioning bodies / OEMs getting the info to me in a timely manner. Of copurse they could just send me tickets, then I could cover events live for MOland.

Stay Tuned,

Sean

·
Registered
65 Posts
With such little evidence against Honda's desire to win championships that Stone analogy is just perfect ..... (!)

While were making analogies ... tell us OJ, how's that search for the "real killers" going... ? (wink)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Of course, when they DO win a championship fair and square, they dump the rider and bail out of the entire series for the following season (Colin Edwards, in World Superbike, for those few who don't know what I refer to).

That ain't the way ol man Honda woulda done it, I am sure.

Bob

·
Registered
142 Posts
Carmicheal crashes TWICE and still takes second? Enjoy your victory, Mr. Reed, it still looks like Ricky is the one to beat.

Of course, not crashing is a key to racing well, but Carmicheal hasn't shown a tendancy to crash very much, so I won't expect that to happen much more. 10th on the hole shot is not too good...

Keep the dirt coming!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
At no point in the race, did Carmichael get within 1 second of Reed's fastest lap. Reed was cruising at the front. The great thing about supercross, is that we don't have to wait very long to see if it was a fluke. Next race is this Saturday.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
You forgot to mention that the reason he got second was because four of the riders in front of him were collected in a huge crash. Also, at the end of the race he was about 30 seconds behind Reed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.