Motorcycle Forums banner
81 - 100 of 370 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Thank you- guys!

After years of being a member I feel my dues have paid off. It's great to see all your hard work paying off, as well. Congrats to MO. Can't wait to explore some more.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I do not like the redesign. Sorry.

It's overly busy, looking almost as one of those aggregator sites that have no content, but rather just point to different places? Ever enjoyed the simplicity of Google I have.

And, yes, the forums suck too. Maybe even more than the new look.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Overly Busy? Seems harsh. After years of reading an article and sometimes waiting weeks for a new artcle we now have MANY things to occupy our time. We don't have to go straight to the forums and trash the unsuspecting or needle each other for stupid remarks, anymore. Unless it's a slow day and we need to occupy valuable work time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Need Dates

I really hope you plan on putting in a "new content" section or something. There is no way I could keep track of all the different sectors of this new layout unless there is a "new since last time you logged in" or "new since yesterday" or, hell, even dates on article titles. Other than that, it keeps my eyes busy, so I guess it's OK. I was quite fond of the old layout, but only because it was easy to get around. I prefer easy over pretty (that has nothing to do with my wife).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Test,test ....1 - 2 - 3. So far so good.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Not done yet, right?

The main page looks great. Now about the "forums":

Can I assume a "nested" viewing option is in the works, so I can see all of the comments, with the replies to each comment indented underneath them, all on one page? Because if "easier navigation" is one of the features, I'm thinking that making me click to advance to the next page isn't really "easier", nor is trying to figure out what comment another comment is referring to. More like "time-consuming pain-in-the-ass enough to make it not worth it." Even cooler would be an option to get rid of all the space-wasting crap like avatars. In other words, just like the old version.

Of course, I'm just looking it over now, so maybe I'm just not seeing it, and it isn't as subscription-lapsing horrible as it seems.

81 - 100 of 370 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.