Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
The most interesting thing will be pricing. Victorys aren't exactly budget bikes.

One would think these would be priced higher than the Victory line. That puts you in Harley CVO territory.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
You are right. It does sound funny. While colloquially interchanged, there is a difference between a motor and an engine. In common usage, an engine burns or otherwise consumes fuel, and is differentiated from an electric motor that derives power without changing the composition of matter. Another way of looking at it is that a motor receives power from an external source, and then converts it into mechanical energy, while an engine creates power from pressure (derived directly from the explosive force of combustion or other chemical reaction, or secondarily from the action of some such force on other substances such as air, water, or steam). When an engine is being observed as an independent entity it is then proper to refer to it as an engine. As in not part of the encompassing machine. I would like to take credit for all data referenced here but I freely admit to copying some of it.
Perhaps motor is short for motorized.

Either way, my BMW is all ate up with motor!

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
No, your nice motor is all ate up with BMW.

Sure wish they'd make a "sport" version of that 6. I couldn't afford it, but I'd love to see it released into the wild.
I'd love to as well but I don't think you every will. It would take a mighty feat of engineering to hide all the plumbing to make it acceptable as a naked bike.

And then naked bikes don't sell all that well.

The sound is intoxicating. There is nothing like it.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Yeah, there's light-years of difference between Polaris and the fly-by-nighters who owned the trademark before. It'll do well as a high-margin/low-volume bike.

I still fail to understand why they chose "Victory" for their enginecycle division instead of just calling it Polaris. There's substantial brand equity there and a built-in potential customer base that loves their sleds. Dumb move, IMO.
Jingoism is a big seller at biker rallies.

An American flag doo rag just don't look right on them there Polaris'.

That sounds like some kind of Polack bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.