Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Looks like the revolt starts in hollyweird...

·
Registered
164 Posts
I already thought the only thing the west coast environmental wacko's allowed people to do was breathe. You mean all this time I could have been riding through town with loud pipes and gotten away with it? Damn, missed another opportunity to express a little freedom. What will Tom (the midget) Cruise do about riding his Confederate? I wonder if he'll be able to afford a baffle??

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Well, if the cops are all busy enforcing muffler laws then it means more money for the city and less danger for the cops. 'Cause otherwise they might have to pursue burglars, rapists, drug dealers.... you know, that other stuff. Yep. That'll really increase the "quality of life".

Or how about the city spend the money on a 10 story tall air freshener?

Still, they may make those annoying motorcycles quiet, but what are they going to do about all those annoying celebrities? How about putting mufflers on them?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm not going to gripe about this one. For one, because I don't live around there anymore :)

For another, I'm tired of exhaust so loud (bike and cage) I can't hear my cranked (Just shy of ear damage) radio even if I roll up my truck's windows. Really bad around Anchorage during this summer.

And no, I don't want any cheese with my whine, thanks.

·
Registered
771 Posts
My only problem is that it target motorcycles only. So I can yank the mufflers off my big block s10 duelly, and blare Rachmaninoff at 1000 watts of ear splitting power while cruising in my lowered civic; but heaven forbid that I ride a motorcycle with loud pipes.

It should apply to all noise poluters.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Motorcycles Only...

The reason for targeting motorcycles only, is that it is motorcycles that are causing this problem. This isn't a "witch hunt" by the mayor's office, it is simply a response to the demands of the citizens of West Hollywierd.

I live on the beach in Redondo and even though I love motorcycles, I often want to throw rocks at the hundreds of open-pipe Harleys that pop and backfire their way past my house on thier weekend pose-a-thon. The a-holes (not just the V-2s, about 10% are sportbikes) do this in a residential area, starting as early as 6:30am and continuing by the hundreds through the rest of the day. On Sunday mornings, they wake the entire neighboorhood and don't just change the effect of sitting on your balcony watching the surf (and the sunbathing CA girls), they often rattle the glasses in the cupboards, drown out the MotoGP races on TV and make holding a conversation more of a sporradic attempt to communicate in the brief luls between blatting pipes. Not only would I be unsurprised if they passed a similiar law in Redondo Beach.... I'd be likely to support it with my own signature.

*Disclaimer* Every bike I've ever owned has had an aftermarket exhaust, and I believe that it is your right to equip your vehicle as you see fit. However when an area is adopted by thousands of bikers as a part of thier morning cruise, the noise problem becomes overwhelming and the only way to solve the issue short of an outright ban on motorcycles, is to go to a zero-tollerance stance on noise emissions. I think it sucks that the rude riders spoil it for the rest of us, but that doesn't change the reality that they have indeed spoiled it. Now, those of us who always idle through residential areas and resist the urge to blip the throttle and unleash the sweet sound of our favorite bikes, have to put our stock mufflers on just like the rest of the motorcyclists. Don't blame the citizens, don't blame big brother.... blame the irresponsible ****heads who created the problem and didn't modify thier actions when the general public started grumbling about the constant intrusion of thier illegal noise generators. -Sean

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
b more fun to do like Birmingham PD, just open up fire hydrants on `em. I'd volunteer to man the hose man that would be sweet. sit on the corner in lawn chair with cooler and hose at the ready. here comes one, Blow their fringe chap asses right out o the seat ah ahaahhaa heh eh heh... ooo i would enjoy that. Hydraulic Noise Abatement Technician.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Re: Motorcycles Only...

Basicly sums up my pedistrain experiances in S.Korea.

·
Registered
243 Posts

Need spell check on this forum... or I need to remember to double check in Word.

·
Registered
152 Posts

I can definitely understand how you'd be a little peeved at having your afternoon sunset/beachgirl watching interupted, but when those guys are interupting the MotoGP races, THEY'VE GONE TOO FAR!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts

Oh, like anyone cares if a bunch of rich publishing moguls get upset if someone disturbs the peace of "their" beach.

Maybe you could take a cue from the Malibu residents and plow up the road by your house. Call it an "Ecological Habitat Renewal Project". Maybe get Ahnold to fund it.

It could be worse. You could have lived in Hermosa Beach in '72 when it was the secobarbitol capital of the LA Basin. At least you don't have to keep a shotgun handy to stick in the nostrils of yet another redfreak who's trying to burgle your place while you're obviously sitting there with the lights on and the stereo going full blast. And I don't think the cops still break into people's pads to plant dope any more. Be thankful that loud pipes is your worst problem.

·
Registered
771 Posts

No disagreement about the loud pipes being rude. In my neighborhood I have just as much noise from loud car stereos, and header/glasspack cars as I have loud bikes.

My bottom line is my freedoms to annoy myself stop at your eardrums. Some noise is inevitable, but to deliberatly inflict excessive noise onto others in in-excusable.

·
Registered
80 Posts
news stories like this wouldn't ***** me off so much if they didn't also add "in addition to loud motorcycles, the city will also enforce current noise ordinances against all vehicles which are too loud, including, but not limited to, stereos."

--the angry ***

·
Registered
59 Posts
So Cal riders can put up with it for a couple more months. Who here seriously believes that West Hollywood is going to maintain that strict enforcement into the Fall? This is just their summer crack-down. It usually starts Memorial Day weekend and pulls through the summer months... Every year, everywhere.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.