Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mini Cooper since 1959

Wikipedia:

Mini originated as a specific vehicle, a small car originally known as the Morris Mini-Minor and the Austin Seven, launched by the British Motor Corporation in 1959, and developed into a brand encompassing a range of small cars, including the Countryman, Moke and Clubman.[5] The original two-door Mini continued in production until 2000. Development of a successor began in 1995 and the new generation car was launched in 2001. The current Mini range includes the Hardtop/Hatch/Convertible, Clubman (estate), Countryman (crossover) and Coupe/Roadster.

MINIUSA.com

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Now, who the h3ll would ask a car question on a site named 'motorcycle.com?'

Other than "shakira"...

And the front tag identifies not only the brand, but the type of transmission...

I gotta admit, though; I'm a bit jealous. I've never been able to post a picture here, let alone a nice shot like that.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
...and weighs 3200 lbs, where the original mini had 10 inch tires, rubber band rear suspension, and weighed around 1300 lbs. I know, I had one, my uncle had the pre-Cooper s, a 1964 with a 1000 cc motor, and my mom had the 850 Morris Mini. I inherited Mom's car in High School and dropped a 1275cc 1965 S motor in it, and proceeded to ruin my license for years after. What a car though, handled like a go kart, and topped out around 110 mph.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.