Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hard to choose

I ride a 883 Sportster low for fun. I ride a Shadow Aero to work. It is a long commute (over 60 miles) so I love the feel of the Shadow.
I am torn between selling both and getting a Dyna.
I do not belong to a club as I ride with 3-10 friends and all the guys from my Riders Edge group.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Hello! Nice commute. Tell us more. :)

I used to commute from Seattle to Olympia each day (about 65 miles one way) on a Guzzi. I owned a Shadow early on but it was not good for my back. How do you manage with your Shadow and your commute?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I'm Jo
I bought a Harley 883 Low in April. Just traded it for a Softail Deluxe. I am 45 and just started riding in April. Must be a mid-life thing? I am having a blast. I thought the Sportster was fun, this Deluxe is great, can't get the smile off my face. I belong to the HOG but have not been able to hook up with them yet. So far I just ride with my husband and or some friends.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I love the Shadow for distance. My Sportster feels like my moutain bike and my Shadow feels like by road bike. I actually named the motorcycle after the 2 horse I used to own. Own was a fast thoroughbred, Christy (the Harley) the other a HUGE reliable quarter horse, Libra.
I just got home from riding 475 miles through Skyline and Blue Ridge. It was terrific. Sadly it is time to go back to work after summer vacation. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.