Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a base Supermotard at the Atlanta IMS. $11,500. Not bad for a Duc. Should be a blast.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
And I thought it was punched-out to an "848".

·
Registered
312 Posts
i heard that too and i think its true. i just couldn't remember if the rules allowed that much overbore on a 4 valve, liquid cooled twin. if it is, it'll be interesting to see.

i hear the new little duc superbike will be in that range. if they stretch out the valve adjustment intervals it would be a pretty cool bike to own.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
You know, technical excellence aside, Ducati is the best at selling a lifestyle along with it's motorcycles. Harley leads the pack, but I think Ducati knows what it's doing too. All of which does nothing to dispel the likely fact that the 1098 is gonna be wonderful.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Yeah, trade the loud pipes for a jangly clutch..........

·
Registered
530 Posts
My bet is a v-twin powered golf cart -- in Ducati red of course -- for racing around to the best vantage points on the track. Put on some Ohlins shocks and some Brembo's and let the fans drive wild! :D

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
kpaul has said many times before that Ducati is the Harley of sportbikes.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Ya know, maybe we're on to something. Triumph and BMW either don't care about that stuff, or are so confident of their "brand" that they don't even bother. MV Augusta and a few odd brands could maybe find a way to survive as something distinctive, in a Robb Report sort of way. Not what I would want personally, but the more identifiable "brands" the better, in the long run. If their are enough varieties of 'character' made available to people, suddenly, the Japanese machines have traits that, in many cases, would be called bikes that have the "Fundamental Verities" in their makeup. That would be things like reliability, and an agreeable nature.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.