Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the things I loved about the old motorcycle.com was that every articles photos were available in high-res. You could click on any photo and really see the detail.

I just read through a few new articles (buell, kawasaki, etc.) and none of the small photos are linked to larger ones.

Is this the new plan? If so, I want to strongly register my unhappiness with it, and ask that you bring back the high-res photos. It was one of the factors that led to my subscribing to the site.

thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
they are there, the photos themself just don'l link to them, at the top of the article, you'll possibly see up to two little icons (one of a camaera, another of a tv) those are the icons for the gallerie for those articles )and if those articles have galleries,,,therey'll be a link at the end of hte article too

the photo image looks like this

now to get higher rez photos, you can pay for an account and have access to those too.

hope that helps

·
Registered
6 Posts
RE: What happened to...

...you can pay for an account and have access to those too...
I also was looking for some nice new wallpaper images.

How penny pinching. There are a number of good quality motorcycling websites. I thought that the editor's might like to reward their loyal readers with a decent range of wallpapers from the quality photography that accompanies their reviews -- guess not!

Regards,
Peter

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Brave new world

Pot, meet kettle. The annual subscription is what..? A buck a month?
You miss the point. This is the new internet world where everyone now deserves to get everything for free! Music, movies, books... all are required to be free now.

Naturally none of the people who are demanding free stuff work for free themselves. And how there will be any such products in the future since no one will be paid for their labors is a question beyond any concern right now.

When it's all "free" then it will all be like commercial TV. Crappy, worthless and stupid.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Yup. That was the big lie about cable TV when it first came out . No commercials! They have more damned commercials than 'free' TV does.
And to add insult to injury: I upgraded to digital in great part to get On Demand, which has free movies (oldies, but still...). Suddenly they have started sticking commercials in the middle of those!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
And to add insult to injury: I upgraded to digital in great part to get On Demand, which has free movies (oldies, but still...). Suddenly they have started sticking commercials in the middle of those!
Expect "On Demand" to go the way of American Movie Classics. Over a period of three years AMC changed from the best basic cable channel to the absolute worst. It started with a single commercial break in the middle of each movie. Deja Vu!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.