Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But did they offer to Scotchguard the seat?

I hate all the BS charges any dealer throws on top of a sticker price to maximize their profit. Sure, he may have the money, but why in the @#$% does he have to give it to them?

First post?

·
Registered
208 Posts
It reeks of something fantastically good: capitalism! If it must be new, two options: pay the price for the convenience of buying a high demand item locally or travel to get a better price.

How does one "need" a NEW RM85? Are all the used ones trashed?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeah it is false advertising and fraud. Tell em you're not gonna pay their bull***** dealer charges and walk away. They are counting on you caving, so don't make their day.

Next dealer tell them you want the REAL bottom line up front, and if ya don't like it, walk.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You mean, all those years in moto journalism didnt pay off in the form of free or nearly free bikes? If my Idol JB has to pay full price.....what hope is there for the rest of us!!!!

Try the internet.......I saved big bucks...even with the shipping costs. The only thing bad about internet sales is that you still have to take it to the local superstore dealer and get raped when its time for service. What happend to the small family shops that took care of the customer? I guess there is no money in treating the customer right!

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Depending on bike, all one needs to do is tell the sales monkeys that the only way you'll buy is to know you'll only pay msrp as the out the door price. I know guys all over GA that have bought new 600 sportbikes and rode away with the bike at or around $8300 including all the junk fees. Remember, dealers don't like giving birthdays to bikes. Wait late in the year when model year changes and you'll get what you want.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Contact Suzuki and tell them you'd like to become a dealer. Find a nice building in a good location with great parking and lease it. Hire management and staff to run the place and don't forget some mechanics and a shop.

Wait for that first shipment of bikes to come in and then you can charge your customers all those fees!

Simple, isn't it?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
thanks for all the No Help. Seriously i could see $500 set-up/freight on a $10K bike, but it jsut feels like being gouged on a $3K one. It's true, tho, the RM85 sells out first for some reason and the dealers know it. Supply and Ream at work.

Also, all the ones you see on cycletrader sold out months ago. Y they keep the ads there I know not?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Shop Around! Use the Internet! Mail Order Everything!

Hey! What happened to all the family-owned businesses?

Do you think there's maybe a connection? How are high-service/low-volume shops supposed to compete when we've become a nation of price-shoppers?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I don't feel sorry for anybody if a dealer won't come off a price walk if a customer won't cough up the dough kick him out of your shop. That's is capitolism at it's finest. I personally am a terrible customer If I even think a dealer stiffed me on something I bad mouth him into the dirt. It's my right. I may still shop there but I still tell them and everyone else how I feel.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Good idea, i should call and ask for a different bike, and when they don't have it I'll steer the conversation subtly toward RM85. i begin to have inklings we live in an irrational world...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Re: Shop Around! Use the Internet! Mail Order Everything!

Same goes for home electronics. DO NOT, I reapeat DO NOT plan on making money in home electronics, despite the surge in sales of high-profit HDTVs.

The internet and cheap, fast shipping have killed the "little guy" to a greater degree than even Ballsmart, Worst-Buy, and mega-dealer-monster-lots.

Those of us who are turned off by the slimmers at the mega-dealer-monster-lot are the same ones who are willing to take a little inconvenience to save some cash-ola... It's a vicious cycle, (but not the same way a GSXR1000 is), and the only way it's going to stop is for the bargain seekers to realize what they're doing and stop it.

Either that or shipping will have to suddenly get MUCH more expensive (which given gas prices might happen) or the Gov'ment institute a federal sales tax on mail order items, and make it higher than any state sales tax (won't happen)...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.