Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
That's the wrong question to be asking. The right questions to be asking are:

* has the rider taken the MSF safety course before getting on a bike?
* is the beginning rider on a smaller bike (such as a Ninja 250) to get more familiar with riding a motorcycle?
* is the bike well-maintained (no bald tires, decent brake pads, etc.)?
* has the rider practiced riding the bike at a deserted parking lot to get familiar with the bike's brakes and handling?
* is the rider wearing safety gear (full-faced helmet, protective jacket, etc.) while riding the motorcycle?
* is the rider alert and scanning for possible dangers (such as left turning vehicles) while riding the motorcycle on the road?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Run at 100ft down, something real bright out by the point

My sense is "troll". Of course I could be wrong, in which case perfect answers guys.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
looks like a chic to me...any way as with cars, it's the driver/rider not the vehicle/motorcycle

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Probably for the best, anyone who posts under "accident" and ask which motorcycles are the most dangerous is likely not here for our rapier like wit and profound depth of knowledge......

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
The one with KP at the controls?
Ah! Ya beat me to it!

Do you guys hear that? Sounded like a keyboard smashing in the distance..........

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hmmm lawyers. Time for me to reread "Democracy in America".

Ok who has my front axle and pinch bolts? How the f*%ck does this happen? The snow parking ban ends in 8 days I have to be in Arkansas in 7, the season is about to begin and I can't find my axle wtf!

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Hmmm lawyers. Time for me to reread "Democracy in America".

Ok who has my front axle and pinch bolts? How the f*%ck does this happen? The snow parking ban ends in 8 days I have to be in Arkansas in 7, the season is about to begin and I can't find my axle wtf!
It rolled off the back side of the workbench and is wedged 1/2 way to the floor behind a box. That will be $8, please.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Wrong!

It rolled off the back side of the workbench and is wedged 1/2 way to the floor behind a box. That will be $8, please.
It rolled off when he wasn't looking and bounced into the air and into the trash can which he put out last Thursday and it got picked up.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I expect to find all parts when I get home from work tomorrow. Why? Cause I just expessed 'em that's why. Then I'll have spares, great.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
I expect to find all parts when I get home from work tomorrow. Why? Cause I just expessed 'em that's why. Then I'll have spares, great.
I just checked Tracking - your parts are on their way to Iceland via Slobovian Sheepcart Express.

And they WILL arrive on Monday - only, they're not sure which one..........

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
They're on top of the fridge in the garage, you set them up there while you grabbed a beer then wandered off, you'll find them in a few years when you move the fridge to set some mouse traps....

·
Registered
46 Posts
NO no no.

Danger depends on the rider. NOT the bike. Anyone who blames the bike is rejecting his (or her) own responsibility for riding safely.
Well said. Although I love my R6 and it's relative awesome agility and performance to avoid tough spots, most folks including myself are safer riders on cruisers because of the temptation factor with sport bikes :) But like you said it depends on the rider. . sachi i would think your bike is probably really great in traffic because of the better seating position and great performance right?. If I had a long commute everyday I would probably look at a bike like yours (agile, fast, with great brakes, stylish too at least I love the looks of your bike :) )

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.