Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Sportster is not a chick bike. Maybe a Rebel 250 or the Kawi 500 but not the Sporty.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hayabusas and ZX-14s must be chick bikes. How else to explain the speed limiters and low gear power limiters? And you never see anyone wearing a manly "If You Can Read This, The ***** Fell Off" t-shirt when riding them.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually I don't think sex has any thing to do with it. Smaller bikes are generally considered learners or chick bikes. I think women look @ them as just a motorcycle. The chick bike thing is just a male moniker. How about it, any chicks care to comment?

·
Registered
26 Posts
The only thing that make a bike a "chick bike" is if a "chick" owns it. All bikes are fun, some more than others, so who cares what anyone calls it. I have this discussion with my son all the time. He rides a hardcore CBR900RR and thinks that anything with less power and poorer handling characteristics is a "chick bike". I keep telling him it's all in your head. If you're enjoyuing the ride, does it really matter if you're riding a 50cc scooter or a monster streetfighter? It's up to the rider to decide.

·
Registered
104 Posts
That would be a bike with a "Chick" on it. I had a 883 and wanted a plate 883GB, Girley Bike. I don't know how many manly men on their 1200's couldn't keep up; but there were plenty.

It ani't the ride it's the rider.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Many years ago I rode with a group of sport riders that called sportsters "girlsters" I always thought that was pretty funny. Today it seems like you see more women on big twins. I do believe that cruisers attract more women because of the low seats and flat footed stance at stop lights.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Everybody knows the smaller, lesser performance bikes are "chick's bikes." Of course, that's a load of crap...If the owner of the bike is a female, then it's a chick bike. Period.

I've had a bunch of the hot bikes (954RR, GSXR1000, Tuono, 'Busa, ZX14, etc.), but the smaller ones are still a hoot. Enjoy 'em for what they have to offer. If you're riding on two wheels (Or one...), you're doing good!

My wife's Ninja 650 is one of the best value and balanced bikes out, and it's a blast to ride! Great bike. If I had it to do over again, I'd get another one of those, instead of my '07 FZ1. Personal choice, but you get the point. Heck, I have an '06 Ninja 250 that's fun to rat around on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took the question another way - I thought it was asking "what types of motorcycles, that guys ride, appeal more to women? What types of motorcycles, that guys ride, get women's attention and admiration the most?

·
Registered
171 Posts
If actual usage by "chicks" is any sort of measure, I would say that all HDs are "chick" bikes. I see more women piloting Harleys (of all types) than all the other brands combined. Lately, I've seen more women on big twins than on Sportsters. It seems middle aged men who are new or re-entry riders are the main consumers of Sportsters.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My bike will barely make it over 100mph, at least with my widebody frame sitting on it. Honestly I don't know that I would have the cojones to get close to the limited top speed of either a Hayabusa or ZX14.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Guys that say "you own a chick bike" are: A) squids, B) loosers that truly belive that ANY bike with less than a 1000cc are no fun, or C) it's the guy with compensation (ferrari syndrome) issues.

I know a dozen guys that would walk litre bikes on SV650s or Monster 695-800s any day of the week.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.