Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
I wore jeans all the time with great boots, helmet, jacket and gloves......then I watched a guy lowside in race leathers on the street at about 20 mph. His new knee puck was absotively ruined.
I wear a stitch roadcrafter 1pc most of the time. If it's going to be a spirited ride I may throw the bohn back protector under for some extra protection.
If I need to be warm, my roadgear perforated pant and jacket with the liners in are fantastic

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I wore jeans all the time with great boots, helmet, jacket and gloves......then I watched a guy lowside in race leathers on the street at about 20 mph. His new knee puck was absotively ruined.
I wear a stitch roadcrafter 1pc most of the time. If it's going to be a spirited ride I may throw the bohn back protector under for some extra protection.
If I need to be warm, my roadgear perforated pant and jacket with the liners in are fantastic
Do you have pad/pucks on your roadcrafter?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Boxers unless it's a long way to go and a short time to get there, then its bicycling shorts.
Weird. I bicycle all the time. It never occurred to me to wear bicycling shorts under pants. Does it really work? Doesn't it get hot?

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Weird. I bicycle all the time. It never occurred to me to wear bicycling shorts under pants. Does it really work? Doesn't it get hot?
Bike shorts are mileage eaters. Any ride over 300 miles and I have a pair on. They wick away sweat and keep monkey butt to a minimum. Highly recommended.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
I wear a spalsh of Aqua Velva most days...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Good article.

Saw a middle aged couple yesterday afternoon...jean shorts, tank tops, flip flops, sunglasses...and helmets. Some things just make you shake your head LOL

I wear alot more gear now, since I started creeping up on the 50 year mark, than I did when I was younger. Now its boots, gloves, leather jacket and/or vest, jeans...helmet not as often as I probably should, but more than I ever did in the past.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Lotta "lost souls" in these-here posts on this thread.

MO just ain't what it used to be. Always good to hear from you, Auphliam.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
I wear a spalsh of Aqua Velva most days...
I wear Dirty English most days which is kind of an inside joke since I am in fact a dirty Englishman...

·
Registered
74 Posts
So even some of the "elder statesmen" on here are not really ATGATT huh? That surprised me. I figure if you've spent a couple of decades or so riding, you would have seen enough carnage to put up with a little discomfort in order to avoid skin grafts etc. Then again, the hillbilly outlaw HD guys prove me wrong. Not comparing, just observing. lol.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts