Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
I wore jeans all the time with great boots, helmet, jacket and gloves......then I watched a guy lowside in race leathers on the street at about 20 mph. His new knee puck was absotively ruined.
I wear a stitch roadcrafter 1pc most of the time. If it's going to be a spirited ride I may throw the bohn back protector under for some extra protection.
If I need to be warm, my roadgear perforated pant and jacket with the liners in are fantastic

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I wore jeans all the time with great boots, helmet, jacket and gloves......then I watched a guy lowside in race leathers on the street at about 20 mph. His new knee puck was absotively ruined.
I wear a stitch roadcrafter 1pc most of the time. If it's going to be a spirited ride I may throw the bohn back protector under for some extra protection.
If I need to be warm, my roadgear perforated pant and jacket with the liners in are fantastic
Do you have pad/pucks on your roadcrafter?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Boxers unless it's a long way to go and a short time to get there, then its bicycling shorts.
Weird. I bicycle all the time. It never occurred to me to wear bicycling shorts under pants. Does it really work? Doesn't it get hot?

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
I wear a spalsh of Aqua Velva most days...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Good article.

Saw a middle aged couple yesterday afternoon...jean shorts, tank tops, flip flops, sunglasses...and helmets. Some things just make you shake your head LOL

I wear alot more gear now, since I started creeping up on the 50 year mark, than I did when I was younger. Now its boots, gloves, leather jacket and/or vest, jeans...helmet not as often as I probably should, but more than I ever did in the past.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Lotta "lost souls" in these-here posts on this thread.

MO just ain't what it used to be. Always good to hear from you, Auphliam.

·
Registered
74 Posts
So even some of the "elder statesmen" on here are not really ATGATT huh? That surprised me. I figure if you've spent a couple of decades or so riding, you would have seen enough carnage to put up with a little discomfort in order to avoid skin grafts etc. Then again, the hillbilly outlaw HD guys prove me wrong. Not comparing, just observing. lol.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts