Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You've been holding your breath this whole time, haven't you Mike?

I'll bet you have turned about 47,526.9 different shades of blue.............

·
Registered
361 Posts
The Buells look too much like crotch rockets.

The XR looks more like what standard bikes used to look like -- back when standard bikes could be ridden enthusiastically on a twisty road.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
"H-D plus sportbike components equals Buell."

No, it equals "H-D Roadster." Different animal.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"And, while you're waiting - could I interest you in this FDXSLHSVFR?"

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
+1 again for Harley's invention of the "UJM".

;^D

·
Registered
207 Posts
"The Buells look too much like crotch rockets."

i'm kind of with you on this one. i love the concept (and the B-17 flying fortress exhaust tone), but am having trouble with the jolly-rancher styling† of the xb12 low (among other models‡). if the xb12scg could have the blue-"tank"/black-wheels scheme of the xb9sx, i'd be hard pressed not to pull the trigger on one.

†eric buell himself enthusiastically described it as being "like jewelry". (click on the videos box at the bottom right of the screen to see the video with this quote.)

‡in defense of the ulysses, it also comes in G.I. Joe camo paint as well. sweet.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
....it's parked next to my xb9 at the impound yard...

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
The XR body is on sale in Europe. HD decided we needed the Nightster instead of the XR and we got shorted in the deal. Thank HD for the marketing idea there.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Back when standard bikes could be ridden enthusiastically on a twisty road? Was that yesterday? Have you ridden an FZ1, 919, SV1000, V-Strom, Bandit, etc. on a twisty road recently? I appreciate the "classic looks" that come with dual shocks, lower seat height, etc., but the standard is alive and well.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.