Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Re: Without question...

Don't know about the 4-stroke bashing thing. I can wheelie my YZ250F until it runs out of gas or I fall asleep (which ever comes first).

Most, if not all, motocrossers are dead simple to wheelie.

As for streetbikes, any 1000cc sportbike will wheelie very easily.

-The People

·
Registered
100 Posts
Re: Without question...

I have a CR500... my third in 6 years... wheelies are almost too easy, even in 4th gear. But my built-for-tight-enduro XR250 is much easier to hold wheelies on... the engine is much more predictable and lacks that 'now-it's-time-to-go-to-the-moon' hit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Honda VTR1000F is pretty easy... Flat torque curve and a rearward wieght bias makes it simple to balance and modulate the throttle anywhere in the rev range. Clutch it in 2nd or bounce it in 2nd or 3rd for all-day stand ups..

b-z-

·
Registered
720 Posts
DUDE, I'M STOKED YOU AXED ME THAT

AS SOON AS I WUZ AN EXPERT RIDER (AFTER TWO WEEKS) I COULD PULL MILE-LONG WHEELIEZ ON MY GSXR1000. NO OTHER BIKE, IN MY OPINION, COMEZ EVEN CLOSE, AT LEAST I DON'T THINK SO, AS I'VE ONLY RIDDEN A GSXR1000 EXCEPT WHEN I RODE MY COUSIN'Z MINI BIKE AROUND A DIRT PARKING LOT WHEN I WUZ 8.

ANYWAY, I CAN'T PULL MANY WHEELIEZ THESE DAYZ SINCE I'M STILL JUST A DISEMBODIED BRAIN FLOATING IN A TANK OF CHICKEN SOUP AT THE MAYO CLINIC. MAYBE SOMEONE CAN STRAP MY TANK ON THEIR TANK AND PULL SOME WHEELIEZ FOR ME?

·
Registered
878 Posts
We're scraping the bottom of the barrel now

I, apparently along with Gabe, am suprised that something like this would get posted in the news section with a link on the homepage. What, is this the Starboyz/D-Aces discussion panel now? In fact, I am so amused that I will put my money where my mouth is and write you guys an actual GOOD question so perhaps you might post it?? Stand by, it will be in your mail shortly. Gabe, I'll write you one too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Re: We're scraping the bottom of the barrel now

Pardon me Abe, could you pass the Grey Poupon?

Don't be such an elitist. What is dragging your knee around a corner? It's just a stunt. No different from wheelies, stoppies, etc. except that it has the corporate sanctioned approval of various governing bodies to lionize it as a noble and "legitimate" use of a motorcycle.

Lighten up fella, and tell Chauncey to put a little less starch in your white collar next time.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.