5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They make great dirt bikes too.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Geelieing the Weezer

Them Harleys make fine off road motorsickles. Me an’ my old buddy, Billy Jo Bob once had us this 61 cubic inch knuckle job set up real heavy and low. Kinda handled like a Caddy, kept the wheels on the ground, real smooth like.

So anyway, Billy and I wuz going through Mojave one night at about a hunnert miles an hour since we wuz both late for the night shift at Irma & Gene’s Organ Rendering Farm (where we got a job about a week before stuffin’ hog guts and hooves and stuff though this here grinder contraption. Turned ‘em into sausages for the Denny’s resturant chain).

So anyway we were like real late, and the night shift supervisor was this old bag who hated us both real bad anyway, and said if we were late one more time, she’d can us on the spot. So anyway, I suggested to Billy Bob (who was drivin at the time) maybe we should take a short-cut across the desert to save some time, and not have to go down Ave. K.

You know we both been drinkin all day and had a pretty good buzz on and Billy Joe Bob Joe sez to me "Hold on, Furtzel, I’m going’ fer broke" and cranked that old knucklehead wide open. We kinda got sideways for a while, and when we straightened back up we wuz headed across Don and Irma’s front yard into the open desert. Almost hit this old stack of tires and Don’s new pump shed.

"HELL BILLY JOE BOB! SLOW DOWN!" I yelled, but BJB was under the influence real bad, and deaf as a post from Korea. He coulda cared less anyway, that old 61 was runnin sweet.

So anyway right about when I wus reaching back for this bottle of snake bite I always keeps with me Billy Bob or whatever his name was runs into this cement mixer and over we went. Bent that Harley up real bad, and now Billy Joe wears a truss. I didn’t get hurt, but I did lose my glass eye. Came all the way from Cincinnati.

But we were goin like hell there for a while on that Harley. Hell, I don’t think there’s a finer motorsickle made. Maybe the Flying Merkel, but you can’t get those anymore.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Harley 74's WERE used as dirt bikes up to early 50's, and were raced in desert events if you were man enough - I rode a BSA (I weighed 124 pounds). There was a kit to raise the transmission an inch or two so you could make left turns without the clutch housing lifting the rear wheel off the ground. There were 3 or 4 in the San Gabriel Valley MC club in '51 (SGVMC sponsered the Barstow to Vegas race in later years).

·
Registered
730 Posts
Harley actually sold the XLR (55 inch) as a desert racer /TT bike. Thewre's a couple guys now who race Sportsters in AHRMA Motocross.Most spectacular is Marsh Runyon(who once wrenched for Joe Leonard) who has a wooden leg and races a shoiw quality XLR .....he throws roost the entire course.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hell, Buz-

If you don't mind replacing fork seals and the occasional drive belt you too could get some one wheel time!

A friend of mine used to wheelie his Ultra all the time. It was right impressive when he did it with the hack on it, lemme tell ya!

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
AFLAC!

Ok so this has nothing to do with pulling a wheelie on a geezer glide. So I'm riding home after hitting the local H-D shop to pick up some S100. Seems that Martin decided to start a bug collection on my Ducati during our ride to Borrego Springs on Tuesday.

So, I'm riding home on my Ducati and a friggin' duck flys out in front of me! I don't know who's eyes were bigger, mine or the duck's. Well I narrowly missed my feathered friend and made it home safely.

Now what are the chances of a duck being hit by a Duc?

Thankfully I wasn't riding an MV Agooseta, a Bultaco or godforbid, a Geezer Glide.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dumping the clutch into a short wheelie, using the pipes for "wheelie bars" and slamming the front end down doesn't count as mch of a wheelie in my book, 850 lbs or not.

Remember Doug Domokos (aka the "wheelie king") wheelying the 6 cyclinder Kawi KZ1300 PAST vertical and breaking the taillight, then using the rear brake to return to a controlled, sustained wheelie. That was impressive.

I thought the Village People joke was a riot.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.