Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just bought a new Victory, eh?

":( Where's VICTORY? #1 Today, 12:29 AM

KTM and Aprilia have their own forums and Victory doesn't even make the "others" category? C'mon now!"

Oh you cooky Victory guys. Still think it was a good investment huh. Arlen may save the brand but every dealer I've seen in two states has closed their doors.

When Victory first started in '98 I was one of the first to put my $1000 down to reserve the right to buy one. Then in May it was delayed and promised for June. That went on 'till August when I said fork it and bought my ST1100 after a test ride. The dealer was so frustrated he was letting me ride anything on the floor. Best thing that ever happened to me.

Now I'm with you that they should have their own catagory but I think they won't be around long unless they come out with that new tourer we've been teased with.

derrick

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Victory was a great investment. Love the bike. MUCH better than the overheating P.O.S. ST1300 it replaced (most problematic bike I've owned).

Don't really care about your opinion tough guy. Just asking a question about the forums.

·
Banned
110 Posts
I agree with you.. Victory bikes are very nice looking.. Should have it's own forum etc. Nice to hear you love your bike.. Victorys are selling well here in the Seattle area. One of the largest and most respected Honda deealers here, Hinshaws, picked the brand up which provided a big shot of confidence with new buyers. Love the looks of Vegas,,

·
Registered
60 Posts
My Victory was a great investment. Love the bike. MUCH better than the overheating P.O.S. ST1300 it replaced (most problematic bike I've owned).

Don't really care about your opinion tough guy. Just asking a question about the forums.
Ouch! Hatin' on the ST while it's down. Now that hurt, ivan. Well at least you didn't attack the VFR or Concourse.

Don't sweat it guy. Just trying to have some fun in the new forums. At least you got kp to jump to your defence.

DT

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was one of the original with # 886 named phred. best bike I owned as far as comfort long riding, with a few add-ons. Dealer support sucked. The new ones are too "nessed up" for my taste, but If I can find a 2006 tourer....well, I too, will replace my 1300ST.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I went to a music festival a week or two ago, and some guy pulled up along side me on an 'Indian' I know they were a dismal failure, but it got my attention in a way that a Harley never would have. Victory's may or may not make it, but it's always interesting to see a non Japanese Harley clone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
HEY! MO...I'm still waiting.

Wow. It's now July 4th and still no movement on the Victory topic. I've been a MO subscriber for the last four years. If this is how the "NEW" MO operates, I'm glad I let my subscription lapse.

Is this site now run by advertising dollars rather than motorcycle riders?

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts

Wow. It's now July 4th and still no movement on the Victory topic. I've been a MO subscriber for the last four years. If this is how the "NEW" MO operates, I'm glad I let my subscription lapse.

There was a test of the new Victory just last week. Maybe you should read it.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
You should know...

It was a 'first ride' article. Every magazine and web site does them. Everybody cries when MO is last with something and now I guess they cry cause they were first.
..by now that no matter WHAT you do or say and how hard you try to be thorough and careful somebody on the internet is going to flame you.

Maybe a lot of people are so smart they should start their own websites. I'd love to see those.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

Being rude, pushy and making threats doesn't usually do much other than irritate, annoy and put people off.

You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Victory

I've owned 14 bikes since 1971; have logged over 250,000 miles total; can't say I've ever owned a bike I didn't like. Last bike was my 96 Buell (sold this year with 30k + miles) Currently ride an 06 Victory 8 Ball, 8,000 miles, zero complaints, two excellent dealers within 80 miles(by the way, both are selling everything they can get) have logged a couple of 500 mile days, ran a 12.6 @ 104 at MIR(2-1 pipe and slight intake mods) and averaging around 50 mpg.
Have ya noticed how much the "new" HD Rocker, and the "new" Yamaha Raider look a lot like the Vic's? Granted, Victory didn't invent the custom cruiser market, but they sure raised the bar a notch.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.