Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Don't worry about it. The cops are going to be watching any Bugatti so closely that he won't be able to get away with jack.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
I just saw one of these on the road a few weeks ago. I was heading down to the local watering hole and came to a four way stop and there it was. Dude's car cost more than my house.

I'd take the H-D destroyer and leave him in the dust in the quarter. Can't keep the front wheel on the ground on a sportbike accelerating that hard.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If both Bugatti and Yamaha are to be believed, an old FJ1200 will still beat the Veyron in the quarter mile.

0-60, I don't know if any bike could. The Veyron is AWD and has 1000 hp ... maybe the aforementioned HD Destroyer or a proper 'Busa drag bike.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Show up on an old Suzuki 550 GT, the pea green one with the dark green stripe. Make sure the auto-lube is set to stun. Amid that oily haze and god-awful paint he'll be too embarrassed to be seen with you. Go 0-60 as slow as you like.

·
Registered
233 Posts
say its your second cousin then. Anyway, if my neighbor bought one for $1.2 million or so, I'd be curious to know if I could, hypothetically, beat him zero to 60 in a production motorcycle costing maybe 99 percent less.

Motorcylists arent at all competitive and dont care a twit about speed or acceleration, of course. Image neither.

·
Registered
406 Posts
How about an old V-max? The rattier the better. I am not sure if the Max's 0 - 60 would cut it but something like the max would be the way to go. You definitely don't want the bike to look like you spent any real money on it.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Does it matter, really? The Bugatti's traction control can't catch up in that time so you can buy an SV 650 and still get off the line faster than the car.

·
Registered
114 Posts
"Suppose your brother-in-law or neighbor two doors down buys a Bugatti Veyron 16.4, the fastest production car on the planet, and you want to be able to beat him"

There, fixed that for ya.

I bet he has some golf clubs in the trunk you could use.

j/k.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.