Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think they're about the same.

All that incredible technology in the Kawi (liquid-cooled, dohc) might net you a couple of extra ponies.

Or it might just be that's it's a little bigger. 1600cc vs. 1450.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
The Mean Streak is noted for poor power stock for it's displacement. however motorcycleusa.com did some simple hopup mods on a Mean Streak. Check their site out.

·
Registered
489 Posts
This is MO, you know...

And we have the largest collection of single-bike and multi-bike comparisons (complete with dyno charts) anywhere on the web. Why not you go to our Manufacturer's Row page (http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/manufac.motml) and check it out?

In case you're too lazy to do that, the last Mean Streak we tested made a not-so-mean 61hp and 79 ft-lbs of torque, and the last Twin Cam motor we tested made 64hp and 68 ft-lbs of torque.

So the answer is a little less HP, but noticeably more torque (which will mean you get more out of the engine at lower RPM, resulting in smoother operation). In my opinion, the Mean Streak will handle and brake much better than your Dyna but will lack the character and general bad-boy feel a big Harley has. I actually liked the Mild Streak a lot and would heartily recommend it to anyone looking for a simple, pleasant commuting machine. For kicks, I would get the Road Star Warrior. Read the whole Power Cruiser story (http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mccompare/06_Power_Cruisers/index.motml) for more of our thoughts on this pressing issue.

Thanks for reading MO!

-Gabe Ets-Hokin

Senior Editor

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Am I gonna hafta slap out a "Real, ULTIMATE Power!" link here?

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
......I mean, 'cuz I WILL if'n I hafta......

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
OK, BIOTCH!!! - You frakkin' ASKED for it!

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
To each their own - Cruisers are NOT for me. But, somebody likes 'em - or Harley would be broke, and they wouldn't keep shippin 'em over here............

1 - 20 of 65 Posts