Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,465 Posts
Ride the damn things. The Mean Streak is a great motorcycle. Handles well, brakes well, is a snap to maintain. Its value will depreciate, though, and the Harley won't. If you're gonna pose, get the Harley. It ain't a bad bike at all, has unrivaled aftermarket support and its looks and name are admired by most. The meanie, too, is a good-looking bike. I've met no one who had anything but compliments for it. That Kawasaki name, however, is not so admired.

For some bucks, you can get another 20hp out of it and still have a reliable, rideable bike. It won't be quiet anymore. Mine is still quiet and I like it that way. It is plenty fast for a cruiser bike. You can always make up for any time lost at the stoplight when you get to the first corner. Brake later, lean over farther and pop out on the other side with the lead. But what the hell are you thinking. You’re riding a cruiser bike on the street.

If you want to ride, get the meanie. If you want HP, there is a slightly smaller Kawasaki, a 1400, that makes plenty. It looks like sh!t but goes like stink.

· Registered
1,465 Posts
At some point the market had to become saturated. I guess when supply exceeds demand, the prices will indeed drop. Relatively speaking though, the Harley will hold on to a much greater percent of its original value over its life. That's the main reason I picked up a 2003 Meanie for $6,000. A Harley of relative niche would have been closer to $10-12k. Great for buying and keeping a meanie. Not too great for selling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.