Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's always subject o personal preference, but I love my 109. Great bike. It's the best of the "performance" cruiser, IMO. I'm coming from ZX14, GSXR1000, etc., if that means anything. It's still a cruiser, but it's a great cruiser.

·
The Toad
17,451 Posts
Don't forget the Vulcan2000.

Any of them would do. Check out MO's Godzilla cruiser comparo. Also, motorcycleusa.com has some how-to artciles on uncorking the Mean Streak.

Man, are you asking for it. Arrogant anti-cruiser bigots appearing in 10, 9, 8, 7.......

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Why not show the flag and buy a Rocket 3? that has all the power you need and it's not another Japanese cookie cutter bike.

Might not be such an issue in Blighty but over here every other bike you see is either a Harley or Japanese dirivitive, why not Go Your Own Way (tm)

·
Registered
361 Posts
The M109R and VTX1800 sound like large lawn tractors.

Go for the Warrior or Vulcan 2000, which have single-pin crankshafts and the wonderful syncopated lope that design produces.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
No, I meant the "military intelligence" remark.

The "Power Cruiser" segment doesn't bother me, nor does the minimal turning capabilities. Love them, hate them. Whatever. I like cruisers, but my gripe is why the hell do they half to weigh so damn much.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Since your regular ride is a GS I would probably recommend the mean streak, Road Star Warrior, or the M109R.

A lot of people find the M109R ugly, but if you dig it the review on this site liked its performance.

The reviews on the Warrior and Mean Streak were both very favorable, but the Mean Streak is the lesser of the "Power Cruisers". But I heard you can hop it up nicely.

The Vulcan 2000 and the Rocket just seem so damn heavy...not that the others are light, by any means.

What would I go with? Probably a Blacked-out Midnight Warrior. Less shiny crap and seems to be a fun ride.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm obviously biased, but for me the Meanstreak is still the best "power" cruiser. Yeah it gets knocked in every review for being underpowered, yada yada yada, but I prefer twisties to drag racing and the meanstreak handles very well for a cruiser. I have over 40,000kms on my '04 and it's been my daily commuter, as well as several long trips and it works equally well in both situations. Decide what's more important to you, if it's handling I'd go with the Warrior or Meanstreak, if it's drag racing stick with the M109. And if you like the v-twin sound, make sure you get a single pin crank! The VTX1800 sounds absolutely horrible with aftermarket pipes.

You mention carrying a pillion, scratch the meanstreak then, unless you get a good aftermarket seat, I wouldn't let an enemy ride for 5 minutes on the back of my meanstreak with it's stock seat. The meanstreak and I believe the warrior as well are really designed as one up bikes.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
"What would I go with? Probably a Blacked-out Midnight Warrior. Less shiny crap and seems to be a fun ride."

My pick, too. Sweet-looking ride. Power cruisers aren't my bag, but I dig this one.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Power cruiser now there is an oxymoron

[*]kpaul was riding his beloved kNinja on Sunday when he came upon a brand new Suzuki M109R with a new vehicle permit.

[*]The rider attempted to accelerate away from kpaul several times

[*] Each time kpaul matched and surpassed the acceleration of the M109R rider

[*] After several unsuccessful attempts the disappointed M109R waved kpaul on

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
He was probably gay.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Some of you snapperheads (Too harsh?) need to realize "power" is different from "speed", and also that "speed" is not everything. Sacrilege, I know...

And, yes, before you ask, assume, or point out, I've had the fast bikes.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Tell us the difference? Power = acceleration? A stock super sport 600 can out accelerate any power cruiser.. anywhere, anytime

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sorry. Make that jumbo shrimp. Any oxyMOron will do. How about government intelligence estimates? I saw in Motorcyclist a ride report by Sir Alan of Cathcart on the new Confederate Wraith. I think it said under 500 lbs. all up. That puts it at just short of the weight of the bags of $ you need to buy it.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Could be it was a white looked ivory to me actually not a cool white..

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
** Welcome ksquid, your account expires in -1 days

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.